EIGHT

107k likes20k commentsliked by JJdemexicana, tsimikas21, trentarnold66, and 107,609 others

107k likes
20k comments
liked by JJdemexicana, tsimikas21, trentarnold66, and 107,609 others

wandathetraveler
Me and who😭😭😭
Park thoughts hitting different

—————–————————

"Those three are always together, usually leaving me behind and remembering that they left me after an hour. They get lost in their own world of conversations." Virgil pointed to Wanda, Trent, and Reese who are ahead of them. They also left Jona and Virgil by themselves.

"And the coincidental being next to each other happened again, how lovely." Jona faked a smile.

Both are slowly walking around the park. They are getting along well. Virgil making Jona laugh, her making him laugh. Complimenting each other, it can't get any better. They were now talking about Jona and her life. When Virgil asked the question, she snapped into her mind but answered.

"You know, what you said earlier. It kind of hit home. Same thing happened with my father. Not a pretty scene, but we all get over it." Virgil put his hand in his pants pocket. He thought back to that dreaded day. Bad memories formed, and good ones were lost.

"Yeah, I just couldn't believe it. After everything my father did for us, she just argues and walks off. I was in denial for a good week then got over it. That's when I told my dad I want to do what he does, and he happily agreed. Working alongside Chivas, Mexico national team, Leverkusen, and a new photography job at Liverpool. I could thank her for what I am today, but I rather not. Hopefully she found some other football player to sabotage. Although I don't wish upon that happening." Jona just ranted, forgetting her surroundings, or who she even is talking too. Virgil felt sorry for the girl who experienced the same fate as him. But no one deserves an aftermath full of despair and grief.

"It's life."

"And it sucks. Let's talk about something else. Too much thought to that question."

"How good of a Formula driver was your dad."

"He stopped at age 26. He was good he won a lot, lost a lot, and traveled a lot. He says he misses Formula 2, but he's happy he's on the board, or whatever, for Formula 1. Still travels though. He also gets Paddock Club and VIP access, kind of jealous." Jona started to kick her feet. "Though I miss it..." She trailed off. She looked at the ground while walking.

"Formula was your happy place?"

"Yeah, but I can go to whatever Grand Prix there is. The pro's of having a retired driver dad." She smiled. Even though she wanted the conversation to end, she was okay with it.