4: CANDY WITH LIMBS

He got up from his seat holding the football. His face was flushed from the energetic hit.

Who could be the person who used the football for a cricket match?!

Nudging his head in the direction from where the ball was thrusted he scanned for any person who wanted it back. He was fully prepared to throw some elderly scolding when the person would approach with a silly stupid smile and script of apology.

But there was no sign of such a dramatic look. People were going on their own way. He felt pity for the ball.

Cruel owner!

The stirring of the bush right to him distracted his thoughts towards it. He surveyed for any dog or cat or simply a romantic couple on high oxytocin but there were none.

Something pointed poked his back. Pulling his eyebrows he turned to his posterior. And the creases on his forehead melted sluggishly....

So here was the silly stupid smile.

But it was anything but silly and stupid. The grinning lips were just galvanized with the syrup of chewed strawberry.

A young lady, a vibrant young lady, with her all pink cheekbones broadly smiling at him drilling deeper wells on either side of her cheeks. Her forehead and neck were dripping sweat showing her bone-cracking contribution in search. Her blazing black hair was tied in a bun which was loosened by now. Short wasps were out of the black mess and swinging like a spring brushing her face and some were stuck on her sweaty neck.

Now he would be silly and stupid if he scold her like an elder.

But he tried to make his face needed stoic.

"Hii." She pronounced with her same dimpled smile. She must be the one in her school and college whom students force to sing on the stage on competitions or festive nights.

"Umm...that is my football. Could you give it back?" She sang looking at his hands which were holding the ball stylishly. Rotating it between the tips of the fingers of both hands.

He raised an eyebrow at her. No sorry! "Can you see my face before asking for anything?" He stopped rotating the ball and more focused on his facial muscles to look rigid.

"Oh, yes, I can." She smiled broader and looked at his face.

God! How could she smile even more? With that small oval face! Without showing a single tooth. She would need a face massage later.

Without showing a single needed expression she quickly peeked at his face like a robot, "Yes, I did it. Now return my thing" and forwarded her hands.

His gaze narrowed at her. This time not with artificial annoyance. "No manners, right? Here your football hit my face like a meteoroid and injured it and you simply just don't care."

Her smile dropped instantly and that instantly he regretted treating her that bit harsher. He could just return the ball without being dramatic.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it harmed you." Her brows were dancing in concern. Eyes were checking for any real injury. "I thought your face was flushed just like that. See, mine is flushed because of running and hopping. See." She pointed a finger to her face. "And in this park flush or say blush face is very common. You know lover pairs are very regular here." She mumbled turning her face more flushed.

He pressed his lips thin to suppress his laugh. He wanted to correct his one previous statement. No way she was a lady. She was not that old. Silly stupid girl!

"When I came here for search in the bushes I saw it in your hand so I thought you caught it. I'm sorry if it hit you." Her voice was reduced by the end.