1-The Beginning

You stared up at the sky and daydreamed as you absent mindedly fidgeted with the bits of clothing you were washing for a family down the street. The fabric bubbled in between your fingers as you hummed a simple traditional lullaby to yourself.

This was the way you supported your small family consisting of your mother and brother. Your dad was a Hunter/Butcher before and your mother was ill. Not too ill as to where it was limiting her from human functions, but she still suffered regularly. After your father suffered an injury and passed away during a hunting accident he left you to care for your mom. With his passing your family also lost its source of income, so you became the support for your family's money. As your brother was too young. Though you were young yourself, you were still old enough to work certain jobs. So you did the washing for family's around town. That's where you were right now.

You snapped out of your trans as you realized the clothes were sinking to the bottom of the wash bin as they soaked up all the soapy liquid. You grabbed the clothes and quietly scolded yourself for getting distracted. You quickly continued scrubbing the garments on the wash board as you felt your fingers pruning from being in the water for such a long period of time. You started to get distracted again as you thought about what your mom might be making you and your brother for dinner. You reminded yourself that you had to pickup some medicine from a local healing sorceress you knew. Her name was Ochaco Uraraka. She was a friendly woman who often gave you discounts on medication as she new of your "special situation".

You finally finished cleaning your neighbors clothes and you rung all the water out of the sopping wet fabric. You didn't have time to completely dry them for the family as you had to get your medication and get home. You were sure they'd understand. The Sato family was one of the kinder households you worked for. You neatly folded the damp garments and layered them inside a woven basket that had been gifted to you by your grandmother many years ago. It had beautiful patterns incorporated into the perfectly colored oak wood.

You swung your basket as you skipped along the burgundy brick road to the local witches shop. The street lanterns defined the shadows on your face as the sky deepened to a red from its tangerine orange color. There were only a couple witches that resided in your town but Uraraka was closest and specialized best in magical and common remedies! She also happened to be the friendliest and the cheapest.

As you approached the cute shop on the street corner that was adorned with vines and flowers from the floor to the stores roof. You stepped up to the door and shuffled your feet to look inside the slightly cracked window. You saw her rearranging some mysterious vials of various colored liquids.

You smiled seeing her and opened the shops door. She whipped around to see your beaming face and ran to embrace you in a hug. "Y/N, I missed you dearly while you've been gone!" she exclaimed as she pulled away to grab your hands. Her hands were soft and warm. You looked back and replied with a simple yet heartfelt "I've missed you too!". You explained that you were in a hurry to deliver some laundry to a family as you motioned to the full basket. Uraraka frowned at the idea of you not being able to stay and talk for a bit, but abided and fetched you the special medicine for your mother. You started fumble your prepared money out of your pants pocket as you waited for her to hand you the product. "That will be 25 Ronaids!" She grinned as she pushed the container into your palms. "25?!" you questioned, "but last time it was 35, are you sure you want to lower the price?" You said slightly ashamed that you made her feel the need to bargain her prices. "Yup!" She beamed with her glossy bronze eyes. You weakly smiled as you handed her the money. "Thanks Uraraka, I'll make sure to pay you extra next time!" You joked as you carefully placed the product into your pocket and picked up your basket to head for the door. She waved and smiled as you exited the establishment.

You felt the cold breeze hit your face as you left the warm homey feeling inside the shop. You started a steady paced jog to get to the Sato household before it got too dark. Once you arrived at the house you apologized for the still slightly damp clothes and offered to give them a discount. "No it's okay darling!" chirped the elderly old woman who resided with the family. She happily took the clothing and paid you your money. You gave her a wave and  thanked her before heading back to your home.

As you walked the streets you noticed that the sky had finally become a calming midnight blue. Your gaze drifted to the myriad of stars speckled across the huge sky. It was a cloudless night with a half moon. You turned the corner to your house and smiled as you saw your brother playing outside with a ball him and your neighbors son shared. He noticed your tired figure even through the darkness and sprinted up to you embracing your torso as he was not quite tall enough to give you a normal hug. You picked him up and pinched his cheeks as he flashed a quick smile and pointed at the house. "Mommy's making our favorite!" He managed to spit out as you tickled him. You let him down and chased him to your houses door. You let him open the door as it croaked due to the rusted hinges. Your mom was cooking in a large pot over the small gas fire appliance you owned. Your mom used to be able to start fires from her bare hands as she studied magic when she was younger, but she'd gotten weaker since being ill and could not use such a showy skill anymore.

"Hey mama!" You said as you couldn't hold back your happiness to be back at home. You bound over to her and placed her medicine on the cracked stone countertop. She looked at you with glass eyes and smiled. Her sickness was getting worse as the months passed by. The medicine became weakened compared to her growing illnesses power. You weakly wrapped your arms around her gently not wanting to squeeze her to hard.

After supper was prepared and thoroughly enjoyed you thanked your mother and headed off to you cot to sleep. You laid down and thought about the tasks that awaited you tomorrow as you drifted into a calm sleep.