Chatper 11

Feeling her lungs burn as she ran through the city streets. Accidentally running into people only able to throw quick apologizes out as people yelled at her.

Finally making her way into the abandoned construction site bending over trying to catch her breath before racing over to the crane

Finally making her way into the abandoned construction site bending over trying to catch her breath before racing over to the crane. Climbing quickly as possible finally resting as she makes to the top. Pulling herself up into a sitting position.

Wrapping her arms around herself as wind blew sending a shiver down her back as her mind filled with questions and the feeling of wanting to go home took over.

Watching the lights as they danced in the night while it's was dead silent at this height finding comfort in it. Finally having a moment to herself, she starts to hum softly to herself.

(Play the song up top)

With her mind racing she started to regret leaving the apartment then was worried about Kai and if her dad found out. Time had felt like it was passing slow as she watched the city feeling oddly at peace for once in the last two years.

The silent of the night was shattered by a whistle. Quickly laying flat on the crane trying to blend in the dark. The whistle rangs out again but came in a pattern out in low and high pitches.

She looks down to see her uncle walking in funny. Quickly climbs down running over to him but stops at the sight of his face. "We need to get you some help." She tried to pull him towards the entrance of the site to look for help.

Blood was coming down his face with bruises already showing up and was swollen up. His breathing was uneven as he held his side. "Kiddo Calm down I'm okay but we need to get home I need to speak to your Daddy."

She pushes him up trying to hold him up when he tried to pass out. "I'm gonna need your help kid" Nodding she wraps her arm around him making their way home noticing how he was looking around frantically.

"Did you do something bad?" She looks up at him as they wait at the to cross the street. "No Kiddo uh no everything's fine." She just nods pulling him to cross the street.

Finally making it the apartment despite having to stop a few times for him. She quietly opens the door helping him inside leaning him on the wall while she closes it softly.