From the Author

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Servitium, a Theodore Nott fanfic. This is a fanfic I have been writing for over a number of years restarting/changing it as I developed new and better ideas and evolved in my writing style.

I am excited to share this story with you and will hopefully share many more stories that I have written as time goes on, however there are a few things I wish to cover before the story begins.

In this book, I explore some dark elements that may trigger some readers. If you ever need to stop reading a chapter or put the book down altogether, please prioritise your mental health and well-being. It is not my intention to glorify abuse, anxiety or any mental disorders in any way and I will do my absolute best to properly represent anything I might touch upon throughout the story.

Additionally, I want to make it clear that this book will not contain explicit content if said character I am writing about is UNDER sixteen. As a writer, I'm not comfortable with writing scenes that are suggestive or inappropriate, when it comes to those under the (UK) age of consent. Once said character reaches the age of consent (16) in my country, I may/may not write explicit content, or I will imply that characters have had sexual experiences. I hope that my readers understand and respect my boundaries as a writer.

Finally, I want to specify that the main character is a woman of colour. She is a black girl and I think it's important to have such representation in literature. While readers are free to imagine her as they wish, it's important to me that my readers know that she is black. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the story.

Signed,

Author x