𝐢𝐢.

𓇽

𓇽

JULIETTE WAS WOKEN UP FROM HER NAP  by rhythmic knocking against her door frame.

The girl groaned and rubbed her eyes, rolling over to see who had rudely interrupted her sleep.

Leaning against the doorframe in a white cotton tank top and board shorts was none other than Jeremiah Fisher.

"hi," Jules mumbled, sleep evident in her voice.

"Hey, I came in earlier to see if you wanted to swim but you were out cold, I didn't want to bother you," He stepped into the room and sat down on the edge of the bed next to her.

"you should have woken me, I would've come," Juliette frowned.

"you looked so peaceful," He grinned.

"So, why'd you decide to wake me now?" Juliette questioned as she sat up, brushing her fingers through her hair to rid herself of any knots.

"Well, dinner is almost ready and I didn't want you to miss that,"

"How thoughtful,"

"Always," he winked.

Jeremiah looked around the girl's room. Juliette always kept her summer room as pristine as possible, and she usually unpacked right away to organize her things. Currently, her bags remained stoic and unpacked. His eyes wandered from the lace trim curtains to the floral bedsheets that matched the wallpaper Juliette and Susannah had picked out together many summers ago, and finally, they landed on the bunny he had gifted the girl.

"I thought you would've brought this back to New York with you," he stated, seizing the stuffed animal from its place on the bed and holding it in his grasp.

"I usually do, I guess I just forgot. I missed her all year, though," Juliette smiled.

"Or, you missed me," Jeremiah wagged his eyebrows, Juliette laughed and shook her head.

"No, I think I missed the stuffed animal more," she playfully bumped her shoulder with his.

The two laughed, their giggles echoing through the room.

"Kids! Dinner's ready!" Susannah's voice rang out through the house.

"I'll race you," Jeremiah smirked mischievously causing the girl to roll her eyes and let out a breathy snicker through her nose.