𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 - 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

chapter two⚛ don't wear costumes to school ⚛

chapter two
⚛ don't wear costumes to school ⚛

Later that day, as Hazel pulled up to the Arcade to meet Lucas and Dustin, she didn't see them waiting for her like they usually do

Later that day, as Hazel pulled up to the Arcade to meet Lucas and Dustin, she didn't see them waiting for her like they usually do. She parked her bike and decided to sit at the curb while waiting but after a few minutes there was still no sign. Suddenly she saw a head pop out from behind a car closer to the street. Lucas.

Hazel stood up and jogged over to the car to see what he was doing. Only to find Dustin with him as well. And why was Lucas holding binoculars? Oh god, here we go again.

"Still no sign?" Dustin asked Lucas.

"Jack shit." Lucas replied.

"What the hell are you two doing back here?" Hazel asked, making the two boys jump and turn towards her, before sighing in relief.

"Finally. I was wondering when you were gonna come over here." Dustin said.

"What- dude I've been sitting at the curb for the past five minutes." Hazel groaned.

"Yeah, and I've been waving at you for the past five minutes." Dustin said before turning back towards the parking lot and exclaiming. "ten o'clock! Ten o'clock!"

Hazel followed the boys gaze to a car screeching up towards the doors of the arcade. That was Max's step brother Billy's car. She had seen Max get into it after school.

"You can't be serious!" Hazel whisper-shouted at the boys, who were not listening one bit.

"They're arguing!" Lucas explained.

"No shit Sherlock, I can see that. God, I don't even know why you're using those things." Dustin groaned.

Max then slammed the car door shut and flipped Billy off as he sped away, before jogging into the arcade. Lucas lowered his binoculars and looked towards Dustin and Hazel. The other two looked at him before rushing off towards the windows of the arcade.

The three looked inside to see Max playing 'Dig Dug'. It was incredible how she was going extremely fast. Faster than Dustin and Hazel had ever gone before.