Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

After Dylan stood and pondered her thoughts for a few minutes, she realised something had to change. She needed to talk to somebody because if she kept these confusing thoughts all bottled inside for any longer, she may actually explode. 

The question was who, though. She needed somebody she was close enough to in order to trust them and feel comfortable but not somebody who could let anything slip to people like Carlos or Charles, or even Max, God forbid. 

None of the boys were safe to talk to about this. Of all of them, she'd probably trust Lewis to keep it to himself but it wasn't fair to put him in that position with his friends and co-workers. 

She'd love to speak to Ana but again, it wasn't fair to ask her to keep something like that from her own brother.

Making her decision, she walked out of Max's room and made her way down the pit lane until she arrived outside the Williams garage. There were a few engineers around, using the media day distractions to work on the car in peace. The one bonus of her new-found public notoriety seemed to be that she no longer was questioned walking into other teams' garages. People recognised her and knew she was friends with most of the drivers, allowing her to wander about where she pleased. 

She smiled politely at the team members she passed until she got the back rooms and found the person she was looking for sprawled on a sofa in a meeting room. 

"Lily!" 

Alex's girlfriend looked up and beamed as she saw Dylan, "Dee! Hi, gorgeous!" 

Dylan raced over and gave her a hug before collapsing onto the sofa next to her. Lily was wearing a beautiful crochet black dress, looking every inch the WAG she was. Her hair, makeup, and nails were done to perfection. Lily had previously expressed the pressure that she felt on race weekends to look perfectly put together as she would come under so much scrutiny just for her appearance. It was probably why she was hiding in the Williams back rooms as opposed to the hospitality suites because nobody bothered her here. 

"It's so good to see you."

Lily smiled, "You too! I'm sorry I missed Imola, I had a tournament." 

"Don't be silly, your work always has to take priority and you did really well so congratulations! I loved all your pictures."

"Thank you, but I heard from Alex that I missed quite the exciting weekend, and not because of the racing." 

"He's not wrong." She grimaced, "I guess Lando filled him in on everything. That boy really is a gossip."

"I am so sorry you'd been going through all that though. And you never told any of us! I was really shocked, personally. I mean, Max is blunt, sure, but he was always completely cordial and kind to me when I was there alongside Alex in his time at Red Bull. I would have absolutely vouched for him. His behaviour makes no sense."

Dylan sighed, "Well, that's what I wanted to talk to you about actually. Things have been...weird." 

Lily glanced behind her and then stood up and closed the door, giving them privacy, "Okay, you should just start from the beginning. Alex's retelling of stories is terrible." 

Where was the beginning?

"Okay, but you can't judge me because I know what I'm about to say is ridiculous." 

"Judgement-free zone." Lily promised. 

"Right, uhm- okay." Dylan blew out a harsh breath, "Well, obviously you know from Alex that me and Max did not exactly get along at first. And that's true, he really wasn't very nice to me and either acted like he hated me or I didn't exist. But what I never told anyone was that even throughout all that time, I've been attracted to him. I was attracted to him the first second I saw him."