1: Mirror Mirror on the Wall

TETHER 
•⚜⚜•

PART ONE — Heavenly Bonding

‘ Darling, My Flesh burns in lights with all the love it wore for you, they lusted into silence for the shines it ever fell for you, Vulnerability curls through our naked skin unveiled for your fingertips as long we carry, as long you be. ’
___________________________________________

Silence is embraced by the hours of darkness as moonlights emulate within an empty corridor two shadows walk together in one evening. 

“Seriously just because you read some supernatural story books you think this is going to work,” Lisa frowned as Chaeyoung, one of her friends, roughly pulled her by the arm. 

They walk toward Chaeyoung’s dorm room with her distressed scowls, the other girl giggles in response, she rolls her eyes into the dark and lets herself be taken through the threshold of the door into the room. 

It was midnight when Lisa was about to sleep after finishing the marathons of horror movies they planned to watch together. For her, it was not that engaging since she never got scared by those creepy ghosts, whatever people can name them, after all, it’s just folk with myths not like they exist in real life, as she thought most of her life. 

That’s when the argument began Lisa’s one comment and Chaeyoung stood up almost keen to defend all the ghostly beings even devils like she’s herself a part of them so, in the end, to prove Lisa wrong they agreed to play a game a little bloody game her friend has been so obsessed with. 

Sometimes she doesn’t understand since when the scary cat Park Chaeyoung becomes brave to go silly for those hunted crap but being a good friend even knowing this isn’t going to work she only wants cute Chipmunk to be happy at this point. 

After Chaeyoung tugged her into the bathroom with a dirty half-used candle, a lighter, and a black leather cover book that Lisa didn’t recall her friend reading — she palmed the items and closed the bathroom door behind them. 

“Now switch off the lights I’ll light the candle then we call their name three times no matter what happens don’t open your eyes and they’ll appear... ” In the last phrase the enthusiasm was bliss ascertained there’s no turning back. 

“You do realize it’s the way to call Bloody Mary, right? ” she said placing the candle on the sink 

“But they’re not Bloody Mary Lisa-ya, ” Chaeyoung whines with an adorable sulk. “Oh wait. ” Placing the book over the sink she took out a  razor blade from the box gently grasping Lisa’s pointer finger she slit the skin, fresh blood oozed from the small aperture 

“What the hell! ” Lisa hissed snatching her hands back ready to wash the blood off but a slender hand stopped her, brows knitted in confusion she looked back at her friend catching a slight glimpse of something flickering over the face 

“We need blood, Lisa.” Chaeyoung rasped pupils dilated in excitement. “Your blood.”

The disdain on Lisa’s eyebrows set still. “Really and why not yours?”

“Because she’s not mine,”

The unreadable whisper gained her bewilderment as she gazed at the blood droplets on the black cover. “What?”

“Nothing, You know I’m afraid of bleeding.” Chaeyoung shrugs. “It’s just a small cut, don’t worry you’ll heal soon. ” 

“Soon my ass,” letting out a sigh, eyes beginning to droop with exhaustion already. “Let’s just get this over with.”