Chapter 10

Lia, A Capitol Citizen's P.O.V

To say my parents were able to snag me a couple of tickets to the Tribute's Interviews, I was to say the least, freaking out. I mean, I will be in the same room. As soon as I found out, I dove for my laptop, posting my wonderful news to my followers. Naturally, they were all jealous! The wait was so long, but finally, today is the day!

I am going with my two best friends, Ivy and Mia. Like me, they are both hard core Hunger Games fans. As long as I can remember, all three of us had watched the reapings together, the parades, the training scores, the interviews and then the games themselves. I had one of the most popular HG blogs this year, because I got the 71rsthungergames url before anyone else. 

And now, for the first time, all three of us are going to be at Rylan's interview show! 

Ivy, Mia and I snaked are way through the seating to get to our spots. We are in the second row, can you imagine my luck? 

"I seriously can't," Mia squeals, fanning her face. She's a Beryl girl, who is going to be the first or second interview. 

"I know, I know! But Josh better have a good explanation why he got such an awful score," Ivy says, while checking her reflection in her pocket mirror. Ivy's a Josh girl, as you can imagine, and was screaming at the screen when she found out Josh only got a six.

"You are obsessed!"

"That's rich coming from you when half of your posts on your HG blog are photos of JJ!" Mia laughs.

"Yeah well, he is most likely to win."

"Oh really?" Ivy raises her eyebrows.

"Really."

The lights began to dim and we began to squeal, squeezing hands.

"Shhhhh!" an old man frowns a few seats away.

"Ladies and gentlmen, your master of ceremonies, Rylan Clarke!"

Rylan skips on stage, waving to the crowd. 

He looks as usual, completely fashion forward. Shiny gold pants, electric blue shoes and a dazzling blazer that must have cost a fortune. 

"Welcome! Happy 71rst Hunger Games!" Rylan calls, making the entire crowd scream.

I couldn't help but jump on my seat while Mia and Ivy are stomping the ground with their feet.

"Now I know you are eager to see the tributes you have been hearing about so lets start straight away! The first tribute, from District 1….Beryl Hanes!"

Mia screams, jumping up laughing as Beryl takes the stage, waving and smiling to the crowd. He shakes hands with Rylan before sitting down.

When the crowd finally calms down, Rylan asks the basic stuff, is strengths, if he is a hunter or gatherer etc, and then he moves on to what he thought of the tribute parade.

"It was absolutely brilliant! There were so many people who came out to watch, even with their busy schedules. It was so surreal,"

"Rumour has it, after the parade you had formed an alliance with some other tributes already, is that true?" Rylan eagerly asks, leaning forward.

Beryl leans back and laughs. "You have good sources Rylan,"

"So it is true,"

"I think most of all of the tributes have formed alliances," Beryl begins, but then pauses. He seems to be in thought and then his expression changes. A smile, but a different smile. I watch him glance to the right side of the stage.