Truths and lies

Your eyes slowly peeled open as you adjusted to the light in the room.

Your head felt numb yet hurt at the same time.

Your hands reached to rub your eyes.

You started looking around to find a glass of water as you wondered how long were you unconscious.

"How is Young Do?" You suddenly mumbled to yourself and realized you're the one who's in the hospital so why are you so concerned for an asshole like him?

Like seriously that's your initial thought?

Is this really how down bad you are ?
You nodded your head in disapproval.

And reached for the glass of water.

Before you could have grabbed the glass someone else took it and you looked in confusion to find Tan standing with a smile on his face.

"Here let me help , baby" he insisted and he leaned forward and supported you to sit straight and drink the water with his other hand.

You drank almost the whole thing and gulped in satisfaction.

"I'm so glad you're awake , I was so worried" he admitted as his eyes searched yours and were full of concern.

He put the glass away and embraced you in a gentle hug and he kissed your temple just below the bandage.

You smiled softly at him
"How long was I out?, and what happened to me ? Who hit me ? I don't remember seeing them" you asked

"You've been unconscious for two days y/n, though you still need rest so lay back down" he said and he slowly pushed you back to lay.

"And I don't know yet who hit you , but..." he trailed off as he grew visibly irritated.

"But ?" You asked

"You were hit with a fire extinguisher and that fire extinguisher was last seen in Young Do's hands, about 15 mins before you were hit" Tan said balling his fists tightly in anger .

You gasped and then looked at the ceiling feeling hurt in your chest. Felt like a hole has formed in your chest and sucking your life in it.

"I'll make sure he never hits anyone again" Tan spat in anger , in his head Tan really was mad at whoever did this to you , but he knew it couldn't be Young Do for the look on his face when he saw Young Do outside your room was something he had never imagined he would see. Young Do was on the verge of crying,  so much that he didn't even fight back.

"It's alright" you said making him look at you.

"I don't want more trouble,  just I don't wanna go back there,  I don't like it there" you said as your eyes started watering and you started sniffling.

You knew in your heart you were heartbroken more than you've ever been. The possibility of it being Young Do who hit you it broke you completely.

Did he actually do it ?
Does he hate you this much ?

"Hey hey, shh shh, it's ok , I won't let him or anyone hurt you ever again, I'll protect you"
He embraced you again with his palm on the back of your head pulling it to his chest .

You sniffled harder at the comfort,  anyone hardly ever cared for you , but Tan was there for you , for years even in America he was there by your side.
Why did you not love him?
He clearly cares for you
Then why can't you love him back ?
Why keep holding onto false hopes?
Young do was trouble since the beginning,  then why can't you just let him go?

You asked yourself all these questions in your head as you cried.
You wanted to completely forget about him and go back home.

"Shh..., don't cry baby , you've already been through so much" he pushed you back gently and wiped the tears from your eyes.
His touch felt warm and his eyes gentle.