Chapter 5

Beverly's at the car wash standing next to Caroline and Elena, when Caroline says, "No friend discounts

Beverly's at the car wash standing next to Caroline and Elena, when Caroline says, "No friend discounts. No freebies. No pay you laters. We are not running a charity here." Beverly says, "No, we are not." Stefan walks over and says, "Hi." Elena smiles at Stefan and says, "Hey!" Caroline crosses her arms and says, "Uh, the event is called Sexy Suds, you know." Caroline walks away. Beverly looks over at Stefan and says, "Hey, Stefan, is Damon doing okay?" Stefan says, "Uh, yeah, he's okay. But I wouldn't expect him around." Beverly's confused as she says, "Why's that?" Stefan says, "Because he's gone and he isn't coming back." Beverly frowns and walks away with a sigh. Later, Beverly's washing a car with Matt next to her and she notices Matt staring at Elena and Stefan kissing. Beverly says, "Uh-uh, no. None of that tortured pining stuff." Matt says, "I'm just observing." Beverly says, "Mm-hmm." Beverly sees a car pulling in and she turns to Tiki and says, "Oh. Tiki... this one's yours." Tiki frowns and says, "Why do I always get the homely ones? Just to be clear, your car's a piece of shit. I mean, we can wash it, but it's still a piece of shit." Beverly glares at Tiki and says, "You don't have to be rude." Tiki says, "Now, rude is uglying up the road with that junker." Beverly looks at the bucket of water wanting it to splash all over Tiki and to her surprise it does. Tiki screams and she says, "Oh, my God. What the..." Matt runs over to Tiki and says, "Whoa! Hey. Whoa!" Tiki says, "What the hell?" Matt turns the hose off and hands Tiki a towel. Matt smiles and says, "Wet and wild, Tik." Beverly smirks loving how Tiki got what she deserved. Later, Beverly just finished up doing her last car, when Tiki walks up to Beverly and says, "Sweeper duty." Beverly says, "What?" Tiki says, "We have to clean the pavement." Beverly says, "It's a car wash. By definition, the pavement's clean." Tiki says, "But not dry." Beverly says, "And I'm doing this why?" Tiki says, "Caroline had to leave because of her mom, so that leaves me in charge." Tiki smirks and hands the broom to Beverly and Beverly sarcastically says, "Awesome." Beverly sighs looking at the ground wishing that the ground go dry itself, when the pavement lights on fire and everyone starts screaming. Beverly's almost like in a trance when Stefan rushes over to her and shakes her and says, "Beverly! Beverly!" Beverly's shaken out of the trance and the fire's out. Beverly looks at Stefan confused, and she says, "What just happened?" Stefan says, "You were in some kind of a trance." Beverly softly says, "Did I do this?" Stefan says, "I think so, yeah." Beverly worriedly says, "Nobody else saw, did they?" Stefan shakes his head and says, "No." Beverly nods and says, "Okay, good. Um, please like don't tell anybody." Stefan nods and says, "You have my word." Beverly nods and she hurries away. Later, Beverly goes to the only person who actually knows what's wrong with her. Beverly knocks on the door and the door opens revealing her Grams. A scared Beverly with tears streaming down her face says, "I don't know what's happening to me." Grams says, "I know, dear." Beverly hugs Grams and she softly says, "Oh, grams." Sheila Bennett hugs her granddaughter and rubs her back knowing how Beverly's feeling.