Chapter 9

Beverly's at the Grill with Elena and she can't believe that Elena's adopted

Beverly's at the Grill with Elena and she can't believe that Elena's adopted. Beverly says, "I can't believe you're adopted. I never saw that coming." Elena says, "And it gets weirder. I looked at my birth certificate. It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as my birth parents. None of it makes any sense." Beverly says, "Which is why you should ask Jenna." Elena groans. Beverly says, "First of all, the Elena I know would always want the real truth, good, or bad." Elena says, "And second of all?" Beverly says, "You just found out your boyfriend is a... vampire. So, unless your birthparents are aliens... how bad could it be?" Elena says, "Ah, okay, look, I have to go to the store. My outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories." Beverly says, "Okay, I'll pay the bill." Elena grabs her stuff and says, "Okay. Bye." Beverly says, "Bye." Elena walks away. Beverly pays the bill and as she walks away, she accidentally bumps into someone and she says, "Oh! I'm so sorry." The guy known as Ben says, "It's okay, Beverly." Beverly says, "Wait. You remember me?" Ben chuckles and says, "I didn't graduate that long ago. You're making me feel old." Beverly chuckles and says, "No, sorry. I didn't... I didn't mean that. I just... I didn't know you knew me." Ben smiles and says, "I always know a pretty face." Beverly softly smiles with a blush dusting her cheeks.

" Beverly softly smiles with a blush dusting her cheeks

Later, Beverly's at the 50's dance and she's having a blast dancing with Caroline when they see Elena walk in with Damon and Stefan by her side and they walk over to Elena

Later, Beverly's at the 50's dance and she's having a blast dancing with Caroline when they see Elena walk in with Damon and Stefan by her side and they walk over to Elena. Elena smiles and says, "Having fun?" Caroline says, "Mmm, no. But this took about two hours so I'm at least staying half of that." Elena chuckles and Caroline looks over at Damon and she says, "What's Damon doing here?" Elena says, "He wanted to come. I promise. He'll behave." Caroline says, "So, what is this, like, a threesome now you and the Salvatore brothers?" Elena says, "No, but if I'm gonna be with Stefan then I have to learn to tolerate Damon. It's not like I can kill him." Elena leaves to go dance with Stefan because a slow song comes on. Damon walks over to them with a smirk, and he says, "Hey, Beverly. Wanna dance?" Caroline looks at Beverly with a knowing look and Beverly softly smiles and says, "Yeah." Damon holds his hand out and Beverly grabs it following Damon onto the dance floor. Beverly wraps her arms around Damon's neck, as Damon wraps his arms around Beverly's waist. They stare intensely into each other's eyes and Damon leans down and whispers into Beverly's ear and says, "You look amazing." Beverly blushes and she softly says, "Thank you. So, what were the fifties like? Was it like Grease? All varsity sweaters and milkshakes." Damon says, "Basically, plus with segregation and nuclear arms race." Beverly says, "Okay, but there were poodle skirts." Damon nods and says, "There were poodle skirts. I bet you would have looked amazing in the 50's." Beverly says, "I definitely would have rocked it." Beverly laughs and Damon smiles liking the way Beverly smiles when she's with him. Damon frowns thinking about how earlier he saw her with some guy, and he made her blush. Beverly notices Damon frowning and she softly says, "Hey, you, okay?" Damon says, "Who was that guy you were with earlier?" Beverly's confused and she says, "What guy?" Damon says, "The guy at the Grill." Beverly realizes and says, "Oh. That's Ben. He graduated a year ago. He was one of the guys you'd have a crush on, not thinking he would like you back. It was a small stupid crush." Damon nods and says, "Do you still have a crush on him?" Beverly says, "Um, I mean I wouldn't call it a crush. I mean, he's really hot and it's not like he would ever go for me now." Damon says, "Huh." Beverly says, "What?" Damon says, "So, if he were to ask you out, what would you say?" Beverly says, "I mean, I'd say yes." Damon frowns and removes his hands from Beverly's waist. Beverly says, "Wait, what are you doing?" Damon says, "I don't feel like dancing anymore." Damon walks away from Beverly before Beverly can say something. Caroline walks over to see Beverly's confused face and she says, "What happened?" Beverly says, "I don't know. One minute we're talking and then the next second he doesn't want to dance anymore." Caroline says, "Weird. You want to get out of here? I'm getting hungry." Beverly looks over at Damon to see him talking to Mr. Saltzman. Beverly says, "Yeah, let's go." Beverly and Caroline walk out the dance. Later, Beverly and Caroline walk into the Grill and Beverly's eyes catch Ben working at the bar. Beverly says, "Let's sit up there." Caroline says, "Be a little more obvious, Beverly." Beverly says, "Hey, don't rain on my hot-guy parade." Caroline says, "What? It's just a drizzle. Hmm, Ben McKitterick? Really? What about Damon?" Beverly's confused and says, "What about Damon?" Caroline says, "I mean, come on, I thought you were into Damon." Beverly says, "I mean, he's hot, but come on, I've had a huge crush on Ben since before he graduated high school." Caroline says, "Ben's a washed-up jock who pours drinks for a living. You could do way better. That's why Damon's the perfect guy for you." Matt walks past them and Caroline smiles at Matt and says, "Hey." Matt doesn't turn around and says, "What's up?" Later, while Beverly and Caroline are eating, Beverly's staring at Ben, while Caroline's glum and she says, "Tonight was so much better on paper." Beverly says, "Now, you're just feeling sorry for yourself. Go and talk to him. Be bold and fearless." Caroline says, "Yeah, this coming from the girl who's been eye-stalking the bartender." Beverly says, "You're right." Beverly stands up and she walks over to the bar, and she smiles at Ben and says, "Hi." Ben smiles and says, "Twice in one day. Lucky me." Beverly says, "I'm proving something to my friend." Ben says, "Oh, yeah? What's that?" Beverly says, "That you don't have to sit around and wait for a guy to come up to you." Ben says, "Does that mean that you're asking me out on a date?" Beverly says, "Does that mean you want me to?" Ben says, "Well, what did you have in mind?" Beverly says, "Uh.. do you like karaoke?" Ben says, "Sss, no. But I would really like to go on a date with you." Beverly smiles, biting her lip.