2

There are things people say that stick in your mind forever. They are those things that your brain then uses against you to make you feel bad. But one of the worst is when they talk about your body. And it's worse when the person who said it is a family member or friend.

And why is it worse? Because when someone you trusted says it, it makes you feel even worse, and you lose any kind of affection you had for that person.

It may seem stupid, but when you experience it you feel that everything falls apart. Because that trust you had disappears and is replaced by hatred and mistrust, because yes, your mum may have said it for example, but the stronger the bond, the greater the pain.

This makes you remember every single one of those words, the words that made you feel that this person was no longer to be trusted. The first time it happened to me was when I was 9 years old, I was alone because my mum had accompanied my sister to the hospital so my grandmother had stayed behind to look after me. It was dinner time, and I heard my grandmother talking to my mum on the phone, they were talking about my body.

I repeat, I was 9 years old, I was a little girl who hadn't even finished her stage of growth . The world thinks that this gives them permission to have opinions about other bodies, about bodies that are not theirs, that are simply bodies, but what if we also think about what the other person feels? How must that 9 year old girl have felt, crying because she missed her mother and sister because they were gone for the night while she listened to them criticise her body? I remember exactly how I felt, I felt that from that moment on my grandmother and my mum were going to spend their lives secretly criticizing my body, and that this was something that was going to stay with me forever.

They make you feel like it's your fault, that you are doing something wrong, but am I really the only one who is doing things wrong? or is the world wrong too?

The body is just a part of the person, it is someone with feelings, someone who is affected by what you say. Words hurt, and more than it seems.