18 - Romantic Homicide

I was happy when the boys returned all safe and well, except, Thomas was a little upset about something I didn't understand at first.

"No." He shook his head and walked around the room frustrated as I leaned against the wall, Brenda and Newt sat on the table, and the others stood around it. "There's gotta be another way."

"Like what?" Gally motioned at the map in front of us, which I planned on inspecting later. "You've seen the building. She is our only way in."

And then I got it right away. Teresa. She was our source to go in, but Thomas didn't want that.

"You really think she's gonna help us?" Thomas questioned, trying to convince us not to involve Teresa.

"I don't plan on asking for her permission," Gally replied as I looked at Newt to see his opinion on this all, but he just stared at the table, looking very pissed.

Brenda spoke up. "Am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct?" She paused and looked around. "Same dіck?"

Indeed.

"I like her," Gally commented.

Brenda turned to Thomas again. "What's going on?"

"What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?" Newt looked at Thomas and slowly got up from his seat while Thomas looked a bit taken aback.

I felt the anxiety rise in me and I got the feeling it wasn't going to end well, by the looks on Newt's face.

"Hmm?" He took a step toward Thomas, who took a step back. "Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?" He talked so fast that it took me a bit to realize what he was saying. It made sense, but the way Newt said it so angrily wasn't right.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas muttered.

"Teresa." Newt looked Thomas in the eyes. "She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her?" Slowly they both moved closer to a wall, Newt taking steps toward Thomas while he only took steps away from him.

"Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it." Newt spat out. My eyes widened at his sudden argument. I just didn't expect it and especially not from Newt.

"Newt, I..." Thomas stammered.

Newt let out a grunt and roughly pushed Thomas against the wall, their faces just inches away.
"Don't lie to me!" He screamed, then talked slower, yet his tone didn't lower. "Don't lie to me!"

Shocked we all stared at him and once Newt's face got hit with the realization of what he said, he let go of Thomas, his eyes twitching around everywhere.

"Sorry." He mumbled quietly to just Thomas before turning around and glancing at us.
"I'm sorry."

~

Stressed out as hell, I waited for Thomas to come back for his check up on Newt, who sat on the balcony. Immediately I noticed something was going on and it wasn't just Newt telling Thomas the hurtful truth in the wrong way.

When Thomas finally came back, his face broken, which made me suspicious, he looked at me.
"He wants to talk to you." He muttered before taking off to his room in silence.

A dark feeling washed over to me, but I didn't hesitate to check up on Newt. Carefully I walked over to him, on the big stone balcony. He sat there on the edge, mostly looking at the stone walls.