22 - Lost In The Fire

We got pushed into a room, me falling into Minho's arms as the steel door got slammed close.

"Holy shit," Minho muttered before cupping my face, his expression worried. "Are you alright? I'm sorry, I-."

"I'm fine, Min," I assured quickly. "Don't be sorry."

"No." Minho shook his head. "I'm sorry for.. well, everything. What I yelled-."

"Minho." I interrupted, putting my hands on his shoulders. "It's okay. Right now you don't have to be sorry for anything. We just have to get out of here."

I walked over to the steel door and tried to open it, but it didn't move an inch.
"You can't get out. No matter what you try."

I sighed and turned around again, looking into the room. It was completely grey with one single bed in the corner. Dark blue sheets covered it, the same color as Minho's shirt.

"At least they put us in a room together," I mumbled as Minho sat down. "How long until they do the next thing to us?"

"I don't know." Minho cleared his throat. "I can't tell. Minutes, maybe. Could be hours or days. Whatever."

My heart broke by hearing that. "Have they been giving you syringes like that the whole time?"

"Depends. Sometimes worse than others." Minho replied casually as if it was nothing. "Or let me have these dreams."

I sat down next to him. "Dreams? About what?"

Minho swallowed and got up, walking around a bit. "I'm just happy that you're here."

He talked around it, I realized. Whatever happened in those dreams were things he didn't like and weren't good.

Without much hesitation, I hugged him tightly. "I'm so sorry all that happened to you," I said quietly.

Minho sighed. "Yeah.." He muttered. "But you better tell me what's been going on while I was gone."

"We tried to save you, but couldn't."

"In the train." He realized. "They took me away."

"Yes," I confirmed sadly. "Cyra and I got drunk, and-."

"You?" Minho laughed. "The Shebean got drunk?"

I smiled at seeing him laugh. "Yep. An old friend from the group that picked me up came back... uh, that was pretty much it."

I didn't tell Minho about the relationship I had with Newt. He had a lot of things on his mind already, it hurt to speak about Newt much.. and I just didn't feel like telling him.

Out of a sudden, I started stressing out, feeling the serum in my pocket. "We really have to escape this place, Minho."

"We can't. Whatever we do, they'll get us." Minho looked down.

"But Newt-." I rubbed my forehead in frustration. "I need to give Newt this." I held up the serum.

Minho frowned deeply and took it out of my hands. "What is this?"

"It's a serum to the Flare." My voice broke halfway through the sentence.

"He has the Flare?"

"Yeah."

"Crap," Minho mumbled. "We do really need to get out of here..." He paused, looking up a bit pissed. "Wait, Jane. Why the hell are you here and where are the others?"

I bit my lip, face turning red in shame. "I left them. Lost my patience and missed you. But I gave them a note."

"Why would you do that?" Minho palmed his face and shook his head. "It's dangerous. What if something bad happened to you, or you got caught before you even saw me? What if they didn't put us in a room together and-."