Part 12

Professor Lupin wasn't there when the class arrived at his first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson. They all sat down, took out their books, quills and parchment and waited. The class was talking when he finally entered the room. Lupin smiled vaguely and placed his tatty old briefcase on the teacher's desk. He was s shabby as ever.

L: 'Good afternoon. Would you please all put your books in your bags. Today's lesson will be a practical lesson. You will only ned your wands.'

A few curious looks were exchanged as the class put away their books.

L: 'Right then. If you'd follow me.'

Puzzled but interested, the class got to its feet and followed Professor Lupin out of the classroom. Eventually making their way to the staff room after being interrupted by Peeves on the way.

L: 'Today we will be learning about Bogarts. They like dark, enclosed spaces. Wardrobes; the gap beneath beds; under sinks – I once met on hidden inside a grandfather clock. This one moved in here yesterday afternoon.' He said pointing at the now shaking wardrobe. The doorknob rattling. 'Does anyone know what a bogart is?'

H: 'It's a shapeshifter. It can take shape of whatever it thinks will frighten us most.'

L:' Couldn't have put it better myself.'

He then begins to teach the class how to defend themselves again a bogart. Draco whispering 'This class is ridiculous.'when Lupin told them about the spell which Mattheo and Y/n laughed at earning a scowl from pansy. Making the class repeat the spell after him. Neville was up fist putting snape I his grandmother's clothes. Causing the whole class to burst into laughter. Next up was Y/n. she approached the wardrobe ready to face whatever walked out of the wardrobe. Lupin opened the door.

The whole class looked at the figure in front of them confused.

Y/n: 'Myself? I'm scared of myself? I mean I am scary.' You said trying to make sense of it.

L: 'Perform the spell.'

Y/n: 'Ridiculous.'

The bogot grew large rabbit ears and a pom pom tail. The whole class broke out into laughter.

L: 'Y/n I'd like to see you after class please. Next.'

Later after class. M stayed with Y/n.

L: 'Mattheo do you mind letting me talk with Y/n in private just for a minute please. You can wait outside the door if you wish.'

M: 'Of course.' Giving Y/n the 'you going to be, ok?' look. She nodded in return.