Chapter 3

I got up to get ready just like any other day in the life of Lila Rossi. I showered, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, then sat down in front of the mirror. I have a lot of work to do.

I grabbed a brush and brushed through my long brown hair. I straightened and curled the ends of my hair, and curled my bangs into curtain bangs. No ugly ponytails today.

Outfit wise, I made the amazing decision to ditch the polka-dotted romper and orange jacket. I went with a heather purple, oversized, long sleeve shirt that exposed one shoulder and a black bra strap half tucked into high waisted, light washed shorts. I paired it with a brown leather backpack and matching lace-up Doc Martins.

I'm supposed to ruin Lila's life and here I am improving it. I chuckled to myself.

I glanced in the mirror before heading out. Definitely a lot better. My walk to school was much farther than usual, but I arrived fairly early.

"Hey, girl!" Alya greeted.

"Hey!" I waved as soon as I sat down.

"What's with the change of style?"

"I just wanted to try something new. It's been a while since I've worn these, and I've been planning to donate my usual outfits." Because they're uglier than Lila's forehead.

"It's super cute! Definitely suits you."

"Thanks, girl!"

"Hoping to catch the eye of a certain blond?" She asked while eying Adrien as he sat behind us.

"Ew, I'd rather you kill me right now." I wanted to say, but no, that would ruin everything. So I just giggled, "I don't know, Als. I think I'm starting to get out of my crush on him. Slowly but surely. He doesn't like me back anyway, and I'm sure there are other people out there!"

"Gurlll, how could anyone not like you back? You're literally perfect!"

"Oh stop, you're just saying that."

"Hey," Nino said from behind us. "I heard Marinette attempted to jump off her balcony last night."

"Oh my gosh, what!" I fake gasped.

"I know, right? They brought her to a hospital to recover, but apparently, her chance of surviving is less than 10%!"

"Oh, that's awful!" I fake cried.

"No, it's not!" Alya protested gaining everyone's attention. "Marinette is a bully who doesn't deserve to live. I'm disappointed she has even a small chance of surviving."

"Yeah!" Kim agreed. "She hurt Lila, I hope she doesn't make it!"

"According to my calculations, even if she does survive she'll have less than a 5% chance of being able to move or speak ever again. So, Lila, you'd be perfectly safe." Max said with heart eyes practically popping out of his eyes.

"And if she somehow manages to be fine, I'll protect you, Lila." Kim flexed his biceps towards Lila as a way of flirting. Looks like Marinette's in for a long ride when she gets back on Monday.

"Aw! Thank you, guys, so much! You make me feel so safe." I gushed faking obliviousness.

"Alright, class, let's get started."

For the entire morning, I sat and thought about how to bring Lila Rossi down once and for all. It couldn't be something simple like 'I actually lied about everything and Marinette was right.' because Mdm. Bustier could just remind everyone I have a lying disease and was lying about lying. Or the class could say Marinette blackmailed me and get myself into even more hot water.