Worries

They say the live of a royal is something to be respected, or wanted. That it is everything you could ever want.

       Sometimes it is, others, it's not.

       As the oldest of two from Ninjago's Royal Family, I have a responsibility to uphold. One in which nothing should get in the way. But as a human being, I recognize that I have feelings too, and that being confined to one place is never good for anyone.

       But, unfortunately, responsibility outweighs health. Luckily for me, Harumi always cheers me up after a long day of classes and meetings with the Royal Council. Even though she doesn't understand the hardships of being the next Ruler of Ninjago, she always holds me close and we talk about our day together. It's always relaxing. Although recently, she's been acting more distant towards me lately, more focused on whatever goes on outside of the Palace walls or what the Ninja have been doing.

       It's strange, really. She's always seemed to have an interest in the Ninja, the green one, specifically. Maybe she's a fan? I'll never know. But recently? It seems like her fangirling over the Ninja has gotten more obsessive. I ended up deciding to look more into it. Apparently, using the limited use of technology that we have in the Palace, a terrorist group by the name The Sons of Garmadon, caught my eye as quite a bit of recent reports were seen on them. Worriedly, I decide to confront my father, the Emperor about it.

       Coming across the doors of his study, I knock first before being granted permission to enter.

       "Come in." With the granted permission, I gently open the doors and have them close behind me just as, making sure my cape didn't get stck between the door and the wall. Looking forward, my father was in front of his desk. Normally, a map of Ninjago would be spread out on his desk, but today it seemed like many newspapers from different companies overlapped each other. Making it seem so that only the edge of the map showed. Looking at my father-or rather, his back- I began to speak.

       "Father, I have some urgent news that I would like to speak with you." Calmness was heard in my voice despite the possible threat to Ninjago that I was about to speak to him about.

       "What is it, my daughter?" he turned away from his table, facing me instead.

       I stepped forward, hands clasped.

       "Have you heard the news recently?" I ask. He nods, his face grim. "Then I take it you know about the recent attacks and an Oni mask being stolen from Borg Tower?" Once again, he nods, sighing.

       "Unfortunately," he says. "Now that an Oni mask has been stolen, it is evident that we must take action now more than ever if we are to prevent the masks from reuniting." He turns back to face his desk, looking at the splayed out newspapers.

       "And how will you counter against their attacks, Father?" I question. He shakes his head, almost as if in defeat.

       "That, I have not thought about yet, my child," he responded. "They have not yet caused enough damage to start a hunt for them." I frown. Surely there was a way to make sure the citizens of Ninjago feel safe while saying we weren't afraid?

       "Might I propose a speech going against what they are doing?" I ask, stepping forward. Father glances at me.

       "And what might that be, exactly?"

       I smile.

       "We make a speech going against what the Sons of Garmadon are doing, saying that we aren't afraid, whilst also making the citizens of Ninjago feel safe at the same time." I propose. "We could kill two birds with one stone this way."

       Father thinks about it for a moment, and his face lights up. He smiles brightly at me. It seems like my idea checked out with him.

       Father stepped forward and put a hand on my shoulder, his smile shone brightly.

       "My daughter, you are going to make a great Empress for this land one day, I just know it," He stated. I smiled at his compliment.

       "I had very good teachers." He laughed heartily at that.

       "That you did."

       Another look of wonder crossed my face.

       "So when are you announcing the speech?" I tilted my head to the side. He gave another seconds' thought before answering.

       "Perhaps in a couple days' time, maybe tomorrow if I can create a really good speech."

       "That's wonderful, Father," I grin. "Would you like me to help with your speech?" I always liked helping my Father word his speeches. Mother joked once about how I could've been an author had we not been royalty. Although this time, Father shook his head.

       "As much as I would love it if you helped me, I'm afraid you deserve a small break with everything going on." He turned to go get a scroll and a quill, talking as he went. "I'll get Mr. Hutchins to help instead," Putting down the utensils on his desk, he turned back to face me.

       "You are dismissed."
I bowed, the dress rising up a bit from the floor, and turned to leave the room. As the door closed behind me, I couldn't help but worry. Just how much of a threat was this 'Sons of Garmadon' going to be? My thoughts got knocked from my head as I bumped shoulders with someone.

       "Shoot!" I whispered. Turning around, I apologized.
"I am deeply sorry, did I harm you-" My words were interrupted by Harumi.

       "It's fine, Y/n," she brushed herself off, wiping away any possible dust that got on her clothing. "I also wasn't looking where I was going."
I looked her over for any injuries, grabbing her arm and lifting it up and down.

       "Are you sure? I bumped into you pretty hard-" she laughed.

       "Really, it's fine, sister, no worries," she said, waving a hand in the air. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

       "If you say so, Rumi," I say. Harumi nodded, patting my hand which still gripped on her arm.

       "Sorry for bumping into you too," she apologized. I nodded. She smiled, hugging me from the side. Hugging her back, I patted her head. Slowly, the hug broke and I broke the silence along with it.

       "I better get going, Father said I deserve some rest for working hard," I smiled down at her. She smiled back, nodding.

       "Go get your rest, sister," she said. "You really deserve it for working hard to try and become a better future Empress." Harumi hugged me once more, and left after that.

       I was left alone to ponder with my thoughts once more.
I sighed, thinking back to the times when Ninjago had mass events happen. Looking out of a palace window, I sighed.

       Will Ninjago ever be a safe place for the people?