C𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2

|𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝗼𝐟 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫|

⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝

❝ They don't take cry baby's as demon slayers. ❞

⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝

     The two young children played with sticks they had picked up swinging them and hitting them against their own as if they were swords, (Y/n) watching them.

     The children would bicker about who won the 'battle' but would then continue on with there pretend fight. Every once in while their father would show them moves of his breathing style and natrually the younger ones would follow his influence.

     "Flower?" Her mother called. "Could you get me water to boil from the fountain?"

     "Yea, of course." She said getting up from the deck. "How much should I fill it to?"

     "Here," Her mother demonstrates handing her a bowl. "Try to fill it up a little more then half way so the rice can soak." She nodded her head taking the bowl from her mothers hands.

     "(Y/n) (Y/n)!" Her younger sister yelled "Come play with us!"

     She looked over to them before telling her siblings that she was helping there mother, they wined but continued playing.

     Pulling on the fountains lever fresh water started to spill into the bowl, a crunch of the leaves caught (Y/n) gaze. She stared at the vast trees trying to locate what had made that noise watching carefully not to miss anything.

     The sound of her sister's scream made her come back to her senses and she noticed the bowl had been overflowing with water.

     "Shit." Dumping some of the water into a nearby potted flower she quickly rushed over to where her sisters panicked scream came from, her mother was crouched over holding onto the young girl's arm.

     Inching closer (Y/n) noticed a red scrape across Akita's forearm, and Hayami standing nearby apologizing to their mother.

     "What happened Hayami?" Their mother asked in a gentle yet worried voice.

     "We were playing and I accidentally hit her." Hayami said shying away. "I'm sorry mama."

     "It's ok, just remember to be careful ok?" Thier mother said scooping her crying child up and grabbing the others hand. "Sticks can be very dangerous."

     The two girls nodded their heads as their mother brought them back inside.

     Father will be mad if he sees them like this. (Y/n) thought as she followed into the house with the bowl of water in her hands. Her mother calmed them down letting them sit in the dining room waiting for dinner to be ready.