Chapter 1

Her eyes turned misty remembering about her aba. She closed her books and sat on chair by keeping her head on her knees and thought about happenings in this two months. Their taunts always hurts her but she doesn't shows it, there is no one to understand her pov, Aai and Virat sir told her to adjust and she is trying, but it's hard.

' Aap kyun chale gaye aba ? Apni Sai ko chhod ke, yaha koi nahi hain mera. Koi nahi hain jo mujhe console karega, meri takleef sunnega, mera gussa jhelenga, nakhre uthayega, apne haatho se khana khilayega, achchi si champi karega, ' bas kar maji aai ', kahenga. Akeli hun main, bohot yaad aati hain apki mujhe. '

Tears were rolling down continuously and sobs left at last. Her gaze falls on sleeping figure on the other side of loc and shrugged yearning of her heart and listens to her brain, ' Nahi Sai, pagal mat ban ! Tu jisse bhi judti hain vo tujhe chhod kar chale jaate hain. Agar kabhi Virat sir bhi tujhe chhod kar chale gaye to ? Nahi nahi, attached to bilkul bhi nahi hona hain ab. Haan ! Kisi se koi attachment mat bana, vo sirf dard deta hain aur kuch nahi. Agar tu attach nahi hongi to expections nahi ayegi aur expections nahi hongi to dard bhi nahi honga. Right ! No attachment, no expectations and no pain ! '

---

The daily taunts becomes her habit, even if she is just passing without doing any anything they just throws taunts like khudgarz, badtameez and all. She was bottling up her emotions and never shared anything with Virat about this, her brain is telling her not to get attached to anyone even if it's Virat sir or Aai.

' Attachment bought nothing but pain which is unbearable. Every attachment would leave you no matter what you did ! ', this is the daily reminder in her brain. Her brain builds walls around her heart which suppressed the yearning for love and pampering.

The sparks and twinkles eyes becomes more distinct. Her talks become shorts and the chirping nature replaced by the silent one. She didn't started conversation with her own now, just reply whenever someone asked nor pick argument with elders for no reason. It's not only deteriorating her mental and physical health as well badly affecting her studies also.

Virat has been busy with important case which requires his most of the attention due to which interactions become minimum between them as she would left the room early in morning before he wakes up and he started coming home late night when she would falls the a sleep. Even being busy with case, he noticed the changes in Sai, her face looks pale and her body becomes more thinner. He thinks to talk after case would closed.

Like other day in Chavan Niwas, she was about to leave the house for college but stopped by Bhawani, " Aye jungli mulgi, kal tu college nahi jayengi ... "

" Kyun ? Kis Khushi mein ! ", Sai asked being oblivious and asked immediately hearing Bhawani while others looked towards her with widen eyes. She doesn't know what is tomorrow.

" Sai bhabhi apko yeh nahi pata ki kal vat-savitri ki puja hain ? ", Karishma asked to which Sai frown and replied, " Nahi Karishma aur yeh vat-savitri hota kya hain ? Maine bas suna hain iske baare mein, par exactly nahi pata ... "

Bhawani : Yeh dekho, is jungli mulgi ko vat-savitri ke baare mein nahi pata. Are pata bhi kaise honga, akhir iski aayi to hain hi nahi ...

Sai stood shocked momentarily hearing Bhawani, from where her aai come ? And why the hell they had to taunt her in everything. It's not the big deal that she doesn't know about the specific Puja but they had to makes it big issue.

Sai : Aap mere aai ko kyun bich mein laa rahi hain kaku ? Aur mujhe vat-savitri ke baare isiliye nahi pata kyunki maine uspar jyada dhyan nahi diya, to isme itni baadi baat kaha se ho gayi ?

Bhawani is about to snap her for talking in this tone but Ashwini said, " Vahini bachchi hain, main batati hun use. Sai kal college mat ja, vaise bhi shaam ko ghar mein savitri ki gatha sunai jaayegi aur Virat ko bhi thoda achcha lagega. "

" Par aai jab main subh puja karke college chali jaungi na, mere important test hain. Aur vaise bhi gatha to shaam ko haina ? Main college se kaise chhutti le sakti hun ! ", Sai told Ashwini who has asked to take leave from college for tomorrow's puja as it's nirjala vart.

Bhawani : Aye jungli mulgi, tere matlab hain ki vat-savitri ki puja aur vart ka tere college ke saamne koi ehmiyat nahi hain. Sahi sanskar diye hain tujhe tere aba ne, rishton ka mol to tujhe pata hain hi nahi ...

Sai was about to say something but stopped by Ashwini who holds her elbow and indicates not to say anything. Sai looked other side while glaring no one particularly. Seeing all this Sonali's gasped and said to add fuel.

Sonali : Deva re deva, to tu yeh kahna chahti hain ki tu vart nahi rakhengi, apne navra pati husband ki lambi umar ke liye.

" Par maine aisa to nahi ... ", Sai tried to explain what she meant as everyone is just misunderstanding her but Patralekha interrupted and her venomous words are sharp enough to slices Sai's innocent heart who doesn't even know what mistake she did.

Patralekha : Aur kya matlab tha tumhara Sai ? Agar tumhe vat-savitri ka vart nahi rakhna hain to saaf kaho na, yeh bahane kyun bana rahi ho. Atleast Virat ke baare mein to sochti par nahi, tumhe konsa farak padta hain use bura lage ya na lage.

' Meri har baat ka galat matlab hi kyun nikalte hain yeh log ? ', Sai questioned herself while lone tear escape from corner of her eyes which was wiped abruptly. She is trying her best but felt like her efforts are not enough.

---

" Hello Mr. Chavan, I am sorry maine apko aise hi bula liya but it's important, Sai ke pichle kuch performance ko leke. ", As soon as he heard about Sai's studies, he alerts. What about her studies ? He was about to leave for Chavan Niwas early after case being closed that's when he got call from Dean of medical college.

Dean : Sai ki performance pichle kuch hafto se negative mein jaa rahi hain. She hardly scores in Osteology and Embryology. Itna hi nahi do din pahle jab humare guest lecture ne use anatomy se related puchha, she becomes blank and this is not her.

Virat is tongue tied hearing about her performance. He has seen her dedicated towards her studies, she even lessen her sleep time then how can her grades are this bad ? But he also noticed the changed between Sai, Is this the reason behind her paler face ? His thoughts are broken by Dean who continued seeing his face.

Dean : It's not about how much hours she is studying but how effectively she is studying. As well the environment also affects her studies, you are understanding right ? I hope you would converse with her and we would be able to see the real Sai Joshi soon !

Virat nodded his head and left from there being deep in thoughts. He knows that environment of Chavan Niwas is not so friendly about her studies and about that the behaviour of most of the Chavans, let's not talk about this. He rides towards Chavan Niwas with lost in thoughts.

---------------------------------

Hellooooooooooo Guys !

So here is the Fanfiction of Sairat. I hope you would love it as my other stories. The story line is around second month of their marriage ...

Should I continue it or not ? Let me know in comments section !

Next update in 70+ votes and 30+ comments !

---

Published on 4 July 2023
Word counts : 1300+

- Chanchu ❤️