SECRETS k.G.

Chapter Three.

SUMMARY: Chloe goes out into the world for a fun night away from her infamous boyfriend's hold.

2030 NEW YORK CITY
SECRETS.

I DON'T KNOW WHY...I RUN AWAY -THE WEEKND

11:30 PM

The night was young, the smell of rain lingers throughout the damp street of Times Square. The lights from the screens seem to blind young Chloe as she hisses and obstructs her face. Her eyes then gaze at the apple red pumps on her feet, attempting to avoid the loud advertisements. "We shouldn't be here, this was such a bad idea." Lana, her very anxious friend, grabs ahold of Chloe's hand and begins to tug her through the mess of people. "Imagine what will happen when he finds out we left!" Her voice in a quiet but, loud whisper.

Chloe stands her ground, a grin spreading on her face at that very thought. Lana shakes her head violently when she spots the expression on her friends face, she knew it all to well.

"I promise we'll be fine, can you just relax and enjoy this freedom we have?!" She spins around and gazes up at the night sky, an endless void with a sprinkle of stars here and there. "This is fucking New York City, I've heard stories about it when I was little." Her fingers reaching up towards the sky. "How there's a forest of buildings that stretch to the heavens." Chloe turns to Lana, breathless, adrenaline running throughout her body.

"He's going to find out, he won't like this." Chloe strolls up to her with her eyebrows creased, she intertwines their hands. "He's probably going crazy now."

"I can't go back to that prison. You know how he treated me, this is the first time in ages that I've seen a place other than where we've been." Lana glares at Chloe for several seconds, she gives in moments later and rolls her eyes. She jumps up and down in her heels, her arms wrap tightly around Lana's neck. "This is going to be the best night!" The sound of their shoes click on the ground as they walk to the Platonic Nightclub in the heart of Times Square.

Chloe could feel the pulsating music banging throughout her body, her eyes filled with thrill. She was blocking out Lana's talking about the lengthy line in front of them. All she could hear was the droplets of rain falling off nearby buildings, the heavy footsteps from a man passing by.