Episode 2-Part 2- Happy Birthday

Early in the morning, Meerab and her family arrived in Hyderabad. Waqas warlmy greeted Maa Begum, "Salaam bhabhi begum."

Maa begum asked about his health, but Meerab seemed uninterested in their discussion. Her eyes drifted around the room, searching for distractions in her surroundings.

The conversation took an unexpected turn as Maa Begum mentioned Meerab's wedding. This caught Meerab off guard and her surprise was evident in her shifting gaze towards Waqas, who shared her confusion.

Feeling the oddness in the atmosphere, Maa Begum asked, "Kya ho gaya? Maine kuch galat keh diya?"

Waqas directed his attention towards her and reassured her, "No, bhabhi begum. Where are Anwar and Murtasim?"

Maa begum smiled as she told him that Murtasim had left for the village to attend to some tasks, while Anwar was currently in his room.

Waqas gave a nod and nudged Meerab to go and meet Anwar. Although Meerab wasn't pleased about having to apologise for something she didn't feel remorseful for, she still went ahead to fulfill Waqas's wish.

Just as Waqas is about to sit down and relax, Maa begum intervenes. "Waqas, I was thinking it would be nice for us to go and visit Shanawaz's grave. We can reminisce some old memories." Waqas nods and they make their way to the graveyard.

Anwar was busy in reviewing some documents in his room when Meerab confidently walked in and declared, "Baba wants me to apologise to you. Just let me know how I can make it right, and I'll do it."

Anwar responded to Meerab, reassuring her that if she had realised her mistake, there was no need for her to apologise.

Meerab's voice dripped with confidence and arrogance as she questioned, "Galti? Could you specify what mistake you're referring to?"

Anwar,exasperated, "In the midst of a crowd of people, you were beating up a man on the road. Don't you see that as a mistake?"

Meerab didn't get why Anwar was so upset. "I didn't do anything wrong. What you see as a mistake, I see as standing up for someone's rights. Saima Baji has been working at our house for years and has been suffering abuse from her husband for the past few years. She came to me for help, and that's what I was trying to do. It wasn't wrong. However, I do acknowledge that I was wrong in speaking to you harshly and raising my voice, which Baba considers a crime. So, I am sorry for that."

Anwar was not pleased with Meerab's attitude and expressed his displeasure, stating, "I had thought you could stay there for a little longer, but now I won't allow it."

Despite Anwar's disapproval, Meerab refused to let his words affect her. She simply responded, "Please do what you believe is right. I trust that you will always make the best decisions as my elder." And with that, she walked away without a care for his opinion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Meerab made her way out, she unexpectedly crossed paths with Murtasim. Their collision caused a brief moment of chaos and Meerab stumbled, but Murtasim was quick to catch her by the wrist. They both looked at each other with annoyed expressions.

"What are you doing here?" Murtasim asked, releasing her wrist.

"I am not answerable to you," Meerab replied defiantly, ready to continue on her way.

But Murtasim stopped her, asserting his power. "You're answerable," he reminded her. "This is my domain and I have authority over everything within it."

Meerab withdrew her hand and held his gaze with confidence. "I am not a object," she declared boldly, jabbing a finger in his direction. "I am a complete individual with my own thoughts and emotions. I do not owe you any explanations."