39.

A tear escaped Zoya's eye as she remembered what just happened two hours ago.

"You see this ring in her hand?". He took her right hand and said as Ruposh looked down at her hand.

"It's still there".

"Which means she accepted me".

Why does he always have to ruin everything?

Can't he leave her?

Because of him Ruposh's family left saying that let the matter settle properly and then they'll think of the marriage.

"Zoya, don't worry I'm with you. He won't do anything".

She remembered Ruposh's words and she looked at the ring in her finger.

This damn ring!

She again tried to take it off but it was stucked in her finger, she felt like cutting the finger right now,

But

Why should she hurt herself?

That to because of him.

She kept her head on the soft silk pillow as she let the tears flow down from her face as she remembered his words.

"Do you think I'll let this happen?".

"and do you think I'll let you do what you want!". She whispered as she sniffled for the last time and wiped her tears.

A sharp breath left from her mouth as she looked towards the door through the mirror from where her mother just entered with a worried expression.

"What fell down?". She asked as she scanned the room.

She got shocked after seeing her daughter's phone shattered into pieces. Sre bent down to pick it up and saw it was badly broken.

She must have took her anger out on it.

She looked towards zoya who looked down while wiping her forehead. She smiled sadly and towards her to sit with her.

She caressed her hair and said.

"Zoya? Upset about what happened today?".

"No". She said confidently while looking at her lap.

"Don't lie beta".

That's it!

It was enough for Zoya to finally breakdown in front of her mother. She cried while hugging her mother tightly, while she caressed her scalp.

"Why is it always me ammi?".

"Why!?".

"He has to ruin my every single moment!".

"First he ruined Humna's feeling through humza then he ruined my dignity and now he's trying to ruin my whole life with Ruposh!".

"Its ok, maybe Allah is testing our patience".

She shook her head lightly.

"Not my khuda, its him!".

"IT'S HIM!".

She yelled at the top of her lungs as her eyes cried for the pain she has been beating for such a long time.

"Its ok Zoya, look here".

She cupped her face and made her look up at her with her swollen red eyes.

"You know, why it rains?". She nodded and said.

"Because the clouds can't handle the pressure of rain they are carrying". She said after sniffing.

"Absolutely."

"Zoya, people cry because they can't bear the pain they're carrying, it becomes unbearable".

She got quiet after listening to that and she nodded.

"Ammi, I want to take off this ring!".

Her ammi widen her eyes.

"But it's stuck".

"I don't care!".

"Even if I have to cut my finger, I'll do it!".

_________

Mr.Khalid pinched the bridge of his with a tensed expression as he looked towards his wife.

"Elections sir par hain, tumhare bete ka ishq sambhalun, Nikha sambhalun ya apni
Khursi sambhalun".

(Elections are coming, should I take care of your son's live, his marriage or my chair)

"Why are you looking at me then?". She asked.

"Its all because of you!".

"What? Why? I didn't do anything".

"For what purpose did I married you? To take care of him".

"And I'm took care of him! Have you ever seen even a little scar on his face? No right!".

"Yes but I have seen him going to jail infront of you".

She looked down and said.

"Now what's going on his mind how would I know everything 24/7".

He looked towards her and said.

"Then go watch the TV whole day! Your serials episode is going to be miss go!".

"Why are you--". He interrupted her.

"Go!". He glared making her shut her mouth and she went out quietly.

He sighed and leaned back on his chair.

"I have to do something orelse it will become really difficult for me".

He called a person and after 5 minutes the person stood near the door.

"Come in". He said and he came inside and stood with his hands at the back.

"You have to do my one work".

"Yes sir, what is it?".

"You know the girl who filed a complaint against Asim".

He nodded while saying.

"Yes, I know her".

"Everything about her?".

"Not everything".

He nodded and gave him a paper which he took and was confused.

"This is a blank cheque, fill whatever amount you want".

The ma infront of him felt really happy seeing a blank cheque in his hand but kept quiet and asked with a confused expression.

"But sir what I have to do?".

He smirked and said.

"Khatam kar do usse".

(Finish her)