24

Rukhsar

The next morning things were awkward between them again. They sat across each other , Inaya continued to ask questions to Rukhsar.

"So you felt the baby kick!" She asked in awe ,

"I wanna feel it too" she said with a pout.

Rukhsar smiled at her , brushing her hair away ,
"The next time he kicks and you're around I'll let you feel it" she said and Inaya jumped happily.

She could feel his gaze on him and she refused to meet it.

It had been two days since their fight, a day since Aminah aunty had comeover.

She was a welcome surprise, she had told her to let her know if there was any help that she needed, and Rukhsar had smiled and nodded .

"Inaya" she heard Qasim
"Get your things I'm dropping you at nanos" he said ,
The 4 year old jumped out .
"Dhiyan se Inaya!" Qasim said sternly , and she simply hopped ahead.

Today Inaya was going to her nanis while she was visiting her mother and brother .

"Rukhsar" she looked up at the man who had been testing her patience for the past two days.

"Driver ajj nahi hai, I'll drop you off aswell." He said ,

Rukhsar looked at him, it was so unfair that he was attractive .

She pursed her lips,
"Mein taxi pe chali jaoun gi" she said breaking the eyecontact even before it was made.

She heard him sigh.

"Rukhsar be reasonable ,"

Oh the audacity this man had!

"Don't tell me what to do" she snapped .

"Mein taxi pe chali jaoun gi!" She said again,
"Not everyone has cars how do you think most pregnant women get by." She said ,

He pressed his lips together looking at her like someone would look at at child who was throwing a tantrum.

"That makes no sense ,I have a car and  I don't trust taxis so even if you are comfortable in a taxi , I'm not comfortable with you being in one especially when you're pregnant." He said very slowly, his words trying their best to not be impatient.

"It doesn't matter!" She said firmly.
"I know what I'm doing. This isn't the first time I'm going by myself in a taxi."
She argued .

"Even then-" he started but was interrupted by Inaya running back in,

"I'm weadyyyy!!!" She said ,
"Inaya, Rukhsar is coming with us aswell" Qasim said ,

Rukhsar glared at him,
But he shrugged ,

"Yayyy!!!" She said ,

She didn't want to disappoint her , so she took a deep breath,
"I think your papa misunderstood me Inaya," she said apologetically,
"I'm going to go on my own." She said ,
Inaya pouted ,

"Pweashh!! What if the baby kicksh" she said ,

How could you say no to such a sweetheart, she could feel herself melt.

"Okay, just incase the baby kicks" she said and Inaya jumped happily.

"Yeshhhh" she squealed hugging her .

She smiled at her and her eyes met with Qasims his lips were stretched in a soft smile , which made hers turn upside down.

She looked away, as they made their way to the car.

Rabtजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें