Chapter One: The Live Pt.1

A/N: Don't be a silent reader 🧐🫶

"Hey, let me in!" Sunghoon calls, knocking lightly on the door. Sunoo reaches over and unlocks the door so he can enter.

"You're late." Their manager says, annoyed.

"I'm so sorry, sir. I was...watering my...plants." Sunghoon cringes at his own stupid excuse.

"You didn't wake up on time, did you?" The manager asks. Sunghoon bows his head and apologizes again before taking a seat next to Sunoo. Sunoo flashes him a smile before returning his attention to the manager.

"Anyway...As i've mentioned before, we're going to be making content in pairs." He starts, shuffling through a few papers. "It's been decided to take place in one month, so you have two weeks after promotions end to rest or whatever."

"Do you know what the theme is yet?" Sunoo asks. The manager sighs, it was obvious that his leg was bouncing like crazy by the way his jacket shifted. The manager glances at the two boys and then back down at the papers.

"Fan...service." He mumbles finally. Sunoo and Sunghoon glance at each other and then turn their heads in the opposite direction.

"Fan service...as in...?" Sunoo asks, already knowing the answer.

"Being really close, clingy, skinship, you know...stuff like that." The manager clarifies. He clears his throat and tucks the papers back into a folder. Sunghoon sighs and leans back in his chair.

"But why?" He asks.

"That's just what's been decided. It could possibly bring in more fans since current fans like to see interactions like that between the two of you."

"So...we're doing this to bait people?" Sunoo asks.

"Honestly...yes, something like that. It's not just you, the other members are doing similar things. I really tried to get this changed but I don't have much power, and you know that. I'm sorry." Their manager keeps his eyes downcast. The three of them are silent for a minute, the manager knew they had to be tired of doing these types of things, but it was gaining the group more attention.

"Okay...we'll do our best." Sunoo assures. Their manager smiles.

"I know you will. Now get out of here and go practice." He orders. Sunghoon and Sunoo both get to their feet, bowing before leaving the room. Sunoo groans once they're down the hallway and turning the corner.

"Do you hate me that much?" Sunghoon asks with a friendly tone. Of course he knew Sunoo didn't hate him, but part of him wished Sunoo didn't hate skinship so much.

"Not at all. It's just...it feels wrong to pretend just to gain fans." Sunoo admits.