Chapter one

I moved to Miami two weeks ago. It was always my number one city from USA. After my parents died I was not able to stay in our house in England. Everything remined me of them. Every piece of furniture, every street in the city. It was a year ago, but I finally did it. After all these terrible paperworks and things, I'm here. Maybe their death was the pinch, that I need to make this dream come true.

So here I am. A single independent woman in Miami, who would love to find some new friends, maybe some boyfriend and a new job. And here we go. Today's my tenth day in my new job. I have a degree from law. I spent six years of studying to get there so I obviously join a lawyer company. I was there a month ago for interview and they immediately get me there. I was super happy about it.

I woke up, did my morning routine, get a breakfast and a coffee on my balcony and enjoy the view on the city. Actually, I see the whole sea thats near my house, so I can't wait to get in there in the afternoon, or I hope so. I get some clothes on, some fancy heels, my purse and car keys. Start my car in the garrage and drive off. I parked in the huge building of my new company. Right when I saw my parking place I was in shock. „That's crazy. They finally put my name here".

I went straight to my office with smile on my face, say hi some of my new co-workers and open my office. I saw some papers on the desk and my face immediately drop. „There's now way..." I thought before I heard a knock on my glass door.

„Hi dear, I got you some breakfast and coffee." It was my new co-worker. Noah Cameron, actually he's my underling (or how am I supposed to say). Because of my high qualificate, I was promoted on the first day. Whatever. He handed me a fresh, really good smelling food but he saw my broken and confusing face. „What happened love?" He call me nicknames everytime, I think he's into me, but we'll see about it. I look into his eyes and he immediately saw my tearing eyes.

He put the food on the desk and rush to me to hug me. I drop into his arms so he takes me and sit me on the couch that's near. He sat me on his lap and I burried my face into his chest. He hugs me with his strong but comfy arms and kiss my hair. „I got you sweatheart, what's going on?"

Finally, when I put my shit together after a few minutes I look at him. „I just got some new client, but when I saw his name, I just couldn't handle it."

„It's okay. Is it about your parents?" No, it was a longer time ago. You know..." I hesitate. „You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Im here for you and you know it."

„Why are you so nice to me? You know me for like a two weeks." I ask him while again lay my head on his shoulder.

„You know, when I first saw you, I knew you're a bad woman on the outside, but a vulnerable lonely girl inside. I swear, Im just here to help you and get you through this new things in the city, not to hurt you." His words calms me down. „If you need me, Im your friend, so call me anytime."

Suddenly something drop in your stomach. A friend. Why would the word bothering me? He IS my friend. But something inside me just doesn't feel right. I stand from the couch, while he's holding my hand for case I would fall. I look at the table for the food. I'm not gonna tell him I had breakfast at home.

„Thank you Noah. I really appreciated you." He smiles. „I'm almost done with the paperwork from last case, so do you wanna meet for lunch?" „I dont know if I can get there on time, I really wanna get into this case. It's important to me." I get him the look. „Its fine, no worries. Im gonna be there at 1pm. Bye dear."

Before I say anything, he close the door behind him and I just smile. I sit on my chair and start reading about the case. There are so many things that no one knows about me.