A Big Surprise

As Brandy and Mr. Whiskers traveled through the Amazon; they both had no idea what they were getting themselves into. One thing was clear, the rainforest was nearly empty. There were barely any birds nor insects chirping.  "I got to say, Whiskers," Brandy said. "You were right, this forest is all quieter than expected." "Yep," Whiskers replied. "I just hope those big scary meat-eating cats haven't driven them to extinction. We could be next." 

"Calm down. It was your idea to go out. I didn't want to."

"Lola and Ed need us, Brandy. We will never be able to live with ourselves if we don't act."

"Whatever."

The bickering duo moved forward through the rough green shrubbery, searching every log and tree, calling out Lola and Ed's names to no avail. Both Brandy and Whiskers were getting really frustrated and even a bit paranoid by the rainforest getting a bit silent. But Whiskers remembered it wasn't all silent last night. "Brandy," Whiskers spoke, "Do not fooled by the silence, something could ambush us any moment."

Suddenly they heard some faint noises in the distance. "I recognize those noises." Whiskers said. But then without warning, the dog and rabbit felt a sharp pain on their bottoms. Whiskers pulled what was causing and stared at it. 

Brandy began to panic. "Whiskers is that what I think it is?" It was a white sharp tranquilizer dart. Before Whiskers could say anything, he mumbled before collapsing on the ground. Brandy freaked and grabbed Whiskers by the ears; attempting to run before she began to doze off as well before passing out. 

Brandy just laid on the ground, motionless. Her eyes slowly opening and shutting, she noticed a pair of human hunters come out of some bushes. They were dressed in ghillie suits, their faces barely visible, and were armed with sniper rifles which could fire tranquilizer darts.  One of them approached Whiskers and picked him up by the ears, staring at him. 

"Hey Pa, I feel awful for shooting this poor little bunny," one hunter said. "What should I do with him?" "He's your rabbit, son," the other hunter replied. "You decide."

"I wonder if it belongs to anyone since it's wearing a jumpsuit, same for the dog wearing clothes."

The older hunter approached Brandy and knelt down to look at her collar, "On second thought, until we find if they belong to anybody, we take them in and look after them. Let's head back to the construction site. You take the rabbit. I got the dog."

So, both of the hunters picked up Brandy and Mr. Whiskers and walked back to the construction site. An hour later, Brandy moaned as she slowly woke up to the sound of chattering and machines buzzing and whirling. She got to her feet, only to bump her head. "OW!" Brandy screamed holding her head. To her shock, she noticed that she locked in a dog crate.

Brandy immediately grabbed hold of the bars and began shaking on them. "LEMME GO!" She screamed. "I'M BRANDY HARRINGTON OF THE FLORIDA HARRINGTONS AND YOU CAN'T KEEP ME IN HERE!"

"C'mon Ms. Brandy, they're not going to kill us!" a familiar said from behind. Brandy looked back. It was Ed locked in a wooden crate. "Ed! Are you okay?" She asked. 

"Yeah, I'm okay."

 "What happened?

"Well, it's kind of a long story so I'll try to cut to the chase. It all started yesterday, Mr. Whiskers was following you and I was following Ms. Lola Boa; hoping we could talk. Well, you already know there are construction workers here in the Amazon. What you don't know, they're getting rid of animals they deem dangerous. They're building new homes for humans or in other words, this may not be a rainforest anymore, only modern human civilization, if that makes sense."

"Ed, Where's Whiskers and Lola?" Brandy asked.

"Gee, last time I saw they took them over there?" 

Ed pointing right to where there were bases of unfinished houses. 

"Also, I heard them talking that Mr. Whiskers was useless, yet Ms. Lola is not, so they're going to make Ms. Lola kill and eat Mr. Whiskers," Ed added. 

Brandy's mouth dropped all the way down when she heard this. The workers were going to make Lola eat Whiskers? "There's no way Lola's actually going to do it. Right?" Brandy thought. She had to think of something of something fast. Sure, Lola ate Whiskers a couple of times, but that was in the first episode, and it was to help him escape from the obnoxious gecko, Gasper and his band of apes and monkeys. And Lola made sure that Whiskers was not digested so surely this could work here. Right?

Meanwhile on the other side of the site, both Whiskers and Lola were being held in front of each other, one worker holding Whiskers by the ears, preparing to drop him in front of the boa constrictor. Whiskers seemed to be smiling, completely unaware of what was happening.

"Isn't this great, Lola? They love us to death!" Whiskers shouted. "I am ready to PAR-TAY!"

But Lola was concerned, she knew what the workers were going to make her do. And she knew there was no escape from them. "At the count of three, we drop the boa constrictor on the rabbit, and it eats it whole," one of the workers replied. "Got it?"

Lola thought as quick as she could and without warning, she bit one of the workers, holding her on the arm. He screamed in pain as he let go, while also cussing. Before the workers can act, there came a thudding sound. It grew louder and louder! The workers turned to the trees on the right and out came a hoard of animals with bushy tails running on four legs, dressed in black suits and masks. 

One of them dove at one of the workers and began clawing at his face with his paws. "GET HIM OFF OF ME!" he screamed. But before another construction worker could act, he was also attacked by another four-legged animal. One by one, the animals, (despite not being the size of a puma or any wildcat) overpowered the humans. One of the animals stopped and looked at Whiskers. Stretching out his hand, he said in a tenor voice, "Quick hop on my back!" 

Confused Whiskers was about to speak but as he did, his right hand stretched out and this mysterious animal grabbed it and tossed Whiskers on his back. 

"Now hold on tight!" he warned. Whiskers held on to the animal like a rider on a horse as the animal sped out with another mysterious animal, holding Lola Boa with its snout.

They along with other animals, ambushed the construction site surprising Brandy and Ed. Whiskers and Lola noticed them still in their cages and begged them to free them. Without questioning some of the mysterious animals grabbed the cages, Brandy and Ed were still in and everyone, except the construction workers escaped the site until only the workers remained.