Chapter 4

Fast-forwarding in time, the two friends, Y/N and Chaewon, have already graduated from their high school. Saying their goodbyes to each of their teachers and friends whom they'll be separated from after that day onwards as they step  onto the next path in their life.

There were tears here and there during their last day as a hich school student, followed by a few laughs echoing inside the school area, knowing that that day won't be the last day they'll ever see each other.

A few of their friends are also going to be in the university, with a different major being taken. Meeting them won't be so easy as they'll each have their own classes and buildings, but they made sure to call each other whenever they pass by.

“I can’t believe you’re really leaving me, your little sister, all alone in this house oppa.”

Haerin pouted, sounding her disappointment on the day his brother finally moves out of his house in order to live in the city.

“Don’t make it sound like I’m a jerk. Mom and dad will be living with you soon, be happier. But yeah, I’ll be far away.”

“That’s my life- anyways,” She pulled her brother into her embrace, hugging him for one last time before being unable to see him for quite a long time.

“Ya. It’s not like I’m going abroad, you know.” He patted his sister on the back, letting her stay like that a few seconds before she finally let go, seeing him depart as he drove away from the house he’d been living in for years.

“Like I said before, what a doting older brother.” Chaewon chuckled, witnessing the drama between the siblings that had occurred.

“What can you do?” He replied.

Today was the day where they will be attending their first classes of their university lives. Feeling nervous as they'll meet people from different cities, even possibly countries that they've never heard of before, followed by a hint of excitement. Both Y/N and Chaewon are no exception, as they're hoping to find at least one circle of friends that they'd be in.

"What about them?" Chaewon asked, slightly pointing towards a group which might be too loud for some students. 

"No… doesn't seem like a good idea. We'd only be digging our own graves by being their friends. We still have to graduate, you know."

"I don't know, maybe they're secretly intelligent?"

"Doubt it. Anyway, it looks like we're out of options. At least for this class. We'll get another chance." He said, getting up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Outside? Our next class is in the next building, isn't it?"

"Right… Why don't we eat lunch first before our next class? We still have time, right?"

"I guess. I forgot how you always tend to be hungry. Let's eat then." He chuckled, teasing her.

With an annoyed look Chaewon replied,

"Don't make it sound as if I'm a glutton! I'm just saying that because it's already lunchtime!"

"I know, just messing with you." 

The cafeteria was already filled with quite the number of students, some of them seemingly bringing their own lunch. They looked for tables they could sit in, and were lucky enough to find one table which happened to be empty.

They sat down, as Y/N decided that he would buy lunch for them with Chaewon waiting at the table, hoping that no one would hit on her while he was away. Moments after, he came back with their lunch and asked.

“Did anyone come up to you when I was away?”

“A couple of them did, but I already said that I wasn’t interested.” She rolled her eyes, taking her portion of lunch from his tray.

“I guess it happens when you’re popular, huh.”

“I’m not. Stop teasing me, you dumb dumb.”

The two proceeded to have their lunch and class, only to fail again in finding themselves a circle they can fit into.

“What’re we gonna do, Y/N?” She lied her face onto the table, as Y/N looked around the classroom and laid gis eyes on one particular person who was sitting alone, playing on her phone.

She looks familiar. Have I seen her before?

He thought, watching her walk out of the classroom. The last chance for them to find a group of friends to hang out with is now in front of their eyes, which was the club registration tables in the middle of their university.

It was filled with freshmen as well as club members, each promoting their own clubs hoping to gather more and more students to join.

“I wonder if there’s any club that has a lot of beautiful girls in it. I’ll definitely join in a heartbeat.”

He said, smiling while looking away knowing that Chaewon is currently glaring, giving him a side eye (not bombastic), about to murder him on the spot without a care in the world.

“Say that again and I’ll kill you.” She said,

“I was just joking. Anyways, are there any clubs that happen to catch your eye?”

“Not really… oh, what about that one?” She pointed at a table where it only has one person by the table, seemingly tinkering with what one would call a camera. They looked at each other, nodding before they headed to the table. It had the club’s name, to which it read.

Photography club. Interesting.

He thought and asked.

“Hello, are you open for submissions?”

“Huh?” She looked up, surprised that there were students that came to her table before she placed the camera down, and introduced herself.

“Oh, yeah. We’re open. I’m the club president, as well as the only member of the photography club. My name is Heo Yunjin. Would you like to join?”

“The only member?" 

"Yup! It's actually because I happened to create the club this year, which hopefully explains why I am the only one. As for what we do, we take pictures of course. The cameras will be provided, so there's really no requirement for you to join. You can even become a member today if you want."

He glanced at Chaewon, asking with his eyes whether to apply to the club in front of them, to which she herself was not so sure of. He gave himself a few seconds, before finally coming to a decision.

“Alright, We’ll join your club, sunbae.” Yunjin then gave them the form application for them to fill. After filling the forms and giving it to the president, Chaewon whispered and asked.

“Are you sure that you want to join this club?”

“Why not? Let’s give it a chance.”

“Thank you for your submissions. Also, welcome to our club!” She pulled out a single confetti from under the table, shocking the two as well as nearby students.

What did I just get myself into?