𖥻 ...READY FOR IT?

"baby let the games begin, let the games begin"

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

RILEY HARDING SUFFERED FROM A LOT OF THINGS, anxiety being one of them. so the nerves she felt as she walked up the stairs of her apartment complex were unmatched. riley and her mother- marissa harding- had never gotten along well. they would constantly argue, resulting in her mother telling her that she was just like her father which caused riley to shoot back well i've never met my father! since he had left her before she had even been born.

but today, as riley opens up the door to her apartment ready to face her moms wrath for whatever reason she was mad at her today, she was met with a calm face. what the actual fuck? she thought to herself.

"riley honey, there's someone here to see you!" honey. that word sounded weird coming out of her mothers mouth, her face scrunched up in confusion as she followed her mom into the rest of the house,

it wasn't big but it was big enough for both riley and her mom. riley didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't tony stark sitting on her couch drinking coffee.

"ah riley! you've been getting my emails right?" he winks at her hinting to go along with the lie,

"u-uh yea! regarding the.." she awkwardly replies "the grant!" he shoots back

"oh yea!.. the grant.. what exactly did i apply for?" she nervously chuckles, not remembering applying for anything.

"that's what i'm here to discuss!" then he looks at marissa,

"can i borrow riley for just a few seconds?" he asks "ah! yes of course i'll just be here!" she replies while flashing a smile that riley could instantly tell was fake.

now in riley's room, which consisted of a twin bed, lots of posters and books and cds scattered everywhere, she even had her guitar in the corner.

"so uh.. i didn't apply for a grant" she says

"yea i know riley," then he pulls out his phone and shows a video of black cat swinging around "-this is you right?" riley freezes,

"uh- y-no! no..." she clears her throat, "uh it's not." she whispers this time.

"oh please, i've gone through this enough times to know that it is you, just admit it will you?"

she quietly sighs  "yea.. it's me, how'd you know?"

"it's not that hard when you have tech like mine, and when spider-boy talks about you on the phone" he nonchalantly says.

"he talks about me?" riley shoots,

the stark infront of her raises his eyebrow before slowly saying "yeah... anyways. tell me about yourself, why you do this, you know? your origin story." he asks her.

"okay well uh, me and my mom don't really get along, so this one time, i think it was a year ago, we had this fight and she semi kicked me out-"

"she kicked you out!" tony interrupts in disbelief

"aren't you 14 kid?" he says.

"well i was 14.. im 15 now so.." she quietly says

"that doesn't make it any better!" he whisper yells.

"okay anyways... uh i was out on the street and this cat bit me, it must've been radioactive or something.. because it gave me my powers" she finishes.

"alright so you're not so different from the spider kid. good to know." he says, mostly to himself "well i'm gonna need you to come with me."

he then says a bit louder, signaling that she was meant to hear this part. "what? where? stranger danger my dude..." she says but he doesn't hear the last part as he's already walking out.

avengers compound. that's where riley harding was, she couldn't believe what stood in front of her. "come on kid, we don't have all day." tony stark says, breaking her out of her trance.

she runs to catch up to him "so... what exactly are we doing here?" she awkwardly says as she trails behind him,

"you'll find out in a second." he replies

"why in a second.. why not now?" she answers back, getting kind of bored by this point,

"stop bugging me kid, you'll find out in a second." he shoots back, starting to get annoyed.

they finally reach this big glass door, "wait out here for a second." he tells her as he enters the room.

"alright...." she says but he doesn't get to hear since he's already gone. she awkwardly stands there for what feels like hours, but is only a few minutes,

until she finally hears her cue to enter the room, she stands there in pure shock. the avengers. what are they doing here?! she thought to herself.

"i'd like to introduce you guys to Riley Harding, a 15 year old girl with raging mommy and daddy issues, who also happens to be the one and only black cat" tony dramatically announces,

"did you really have to include the mommy and daddy issues part.." she quietly sighs thinking he didn't hear until he shoots back

"of course i did! it's what shapes us hero's! now skedadle here!" he tells her,

"riley" he says but she can't hear.

natasha fucking romanoff was right in front of her. natasha romanoff natasha romanoff natasharomanoffnatasharomanoff

"riley!" tony once again, breaks her out of her trance.

"ohmygod can you adopt me?" she says, directing this question strictly to the black widow standing in front of her,

"what?" natasha quietly laughs "what!" riley quickly shoots back, clearing her throat as all the other avengers give her a concerned look.

this was gonna be a long day.

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

authors note!
— alright so i don't really know where i was going with this chapter lol, as i said i'm free writting , and i know i said we woukd see more of riley and peter butttt i kinda wanna focus on her for now! also i'm sorry if this absolutely sucks lol, i've never written before. as you can guess, the avengers are just questioning her, and her powers and stuff, nothing big but it leads up to soemthing i might have planned! also riley finally got a suit just like peters!!! her suit looks like the one from the spider-man ps4 game, minus the white hair lol, plwase leave comments!