I,

➤ Encounter

➤ Encounter

Tahani is a young Metkayina who is highly appreciated for her calmness and patience. This is why the parents of the younger children often called on her to babysit.

On that day, she had taken the children to the pools so they could play in the water and splash around happily. Tahani was sitting quietly on a rock in the shade of the trees, watching the children who were having fun in the water. She observed them with a smile on her face, happy to see their joy and carefree attitude. But suddenly, a horn sound echoed in the surroundings, interrupting the tranquility of the moment.

Tahani looked up and scanned the horizon. She then saw Ikran, dangerous flying creatures, approaching their position dangerously. The children did not seem to notice, too busy having fun in the water. Tahani quickly got up and told the children to get out of the water. She quickly gathered them on the bank and put them behind a large rock for shelter. She explained the situation to them and asked them to remain calm and quiet so as not to attract the attention of the Ikran.

Tahani herself remained alert, ready to act if the creatures approached too close. Fortunately, the Ikran eventually landed. Some of the children were intrigued, while others thanked Tahani for protecting them.

Some of the children asked Tahani to go see what was happening, bouncing around happily and intrigued by the unknown. Tahani was also curious, but she knew she had to make sure the children were safe first. However, their mothers quickly appeared to take their children away in case of danger.

After all the children were retrieved by their mothers, Tahani decided to go to the mainland to see what was happening. She was also intrigued by what was going on. Upon arriving at the site, Tahani was surprised to see Omatikaya, especially one of them, the oldest male who looked like the one she had already seen in her dreams. She blinked several times and approached her brother Tonowari and his sister-in-law Ronal.

The family patriarch, Jake Sully, respectfully greeted her.

"I see you, Tahani, daughter of Eywa, sister of the Olo'eyktan," he said, making the courtesy gesture.

Tahani smiled with respect and curiosity at the man standing in front of her. The Omatikaya who stood before her turned his gaze to his elder brother, who was their clan leader, their Olo'eyktan.

"What brings you here?" Jake Sully asked Tonowari.

Tahani watched the scene with some apprehension. She knew that the Metkayina were accustomed to living in harmony with nature and that they were often wary of outsiders. She wondered how the Omatikaya would react to Jake Sully's possible response.

"We ask for Uturu," Jake Sully announced, opening his arms in a sign of peace.

Uturu is a Na'vi tradition stating that any refugee seeking refuge must be granted shelter.