| 001: truth or dare? |

001|TRUTH OR DARE?|

001
|TRUTH OR DARE?|

"Sarah, truth or dare?" their friend Alex asked after taking a sip of her drink.

It was a Friday evening in July, and just like every summer Friday, the three girls were enjoying their pyjama party. Only this time, there was alcohol involved.

"Truth," she answered.

"Hmm, what should I ask you?" the brunette pondered mischievously. "Any ideas, Jade?"

The girl nodded and whispered her question in her friend's ear.
"So, Topper, is he a good kisser?" Alex asked, eager to know the answer.

The blonde, blushing and flustered, rolled her eyes and playfully hid her face with her hands. "Girls, I hate you!" she giggled shyly. "Of course, he's an amazing kisser!"

Jade shot back with a playful eyebrow dance while the other girl was practically bursting with curiosity.
"Come on, spill the details!" Alex begged, "I'm the only one here who hasn't kissed a guy yet, you've got to do this for me!"

Sarah gave a quick head shake while Jade zoned out, thinking back to her first kiss.
"Rafe's a great kisser..." she confessed, lost in a dreamy state.

Since their breakup, today marked the first time she didn't shed a tear over him. And a mere mention of a first kiss sent her spiraling back into her heartache.

"Gross!" sighed the blonde, pretending to be disgusted. "We promised not to talk about exes, especially not my brother."

Sarah was right. The "no ex talk" rule was a fresh addition to their slumber parties. However, Jade was completely fixated on Rafe Cameron. Every little thing seemed to trigger thoughts of him.

"I have an idea!" the brunette shouted, "Jade, truth or dare?"

The young kook stared at her friend, puzzled by what could have inspired such a question.
"Dare, I guess?"

Her friend's eyes sparkled with excitement.
"I dare you to make Rafe jealous by dating someone else."

Alex was known for her intelligence. Little did she know just how brilliant her idea was. Even Albert Einstein couldn't top this!

"That's a great idea, but with who?" Sarah added, just as excited as the newfound genius.

As her two friends brainstormed, a brilliant idea struck her. It was Jade's turn to be a mastermind.
"A pogue," she declared with pride, "He cheated on me with a pogue, so I'm gonna use a pogue to get revenge!"

The three girls let out a diabolical laugh. Their plan was absolutely brilliant.
"Your old man's gonna kill you if he catches you with a pogue!" Sarah teased, "And so will Rafe."

"Choose the hottest pogue!" Alex advised. "I say it's Pope Heyward, what do you think?"
The other two were giving her a serious side-eye, totally not vibing with what she had just spilled.
"Are you crazy?" Sarah laughed, "I'm telling you, it's the one who works for my dad, John B. Routledge!"

Her friends weren't wrong. However, Jade already had someone in mind.
"JJ Maybank, definitely."

At the age of 10, the boy had given her a flower on Valentine's Day. Despite receiving several flowers from other students due to her popularity, she distinctly remembered him. Her father, upon noticing a less privileged boy speaking to his daughter, bullied him by throwing the flower in his face. Therefore, he never spoke to her again.

"Oh, you really had to choose the worst one!" Alex laughed.

"And how exactly do you plan to do that?" the blonde asked, taking the final sip of her drink.

"Kiara hates you, right?" the revenge-thirsty girl asked. "I'm gonna use this to my advantage to get closer to them..."

The first step to make Rafe Cameron jealous was to join Kiara's group, and Jade knew exactly how to do it...

•••