| 002: the pogues |

002| THE POGUES |

002
| THE POGUES |

"Wait, Kiara..." whispered Jade, "I can't hangout with poor people, my dad will kill me."

Little did Kiara know, it was all part of the plan.
Jade wanted to be here, she needed them.

Her dad would still kill her tough...

She had managed to come up with a lie to get closer to her new friend, Kiara Carrera, allowing her to become part of her friend group.

The brunette rolled her eyes.
"Don't worry, they're cool!" she chuckled. "And your dad won't find out!"

The two girls reached a dock where a shabby boat awaited them, accompanied by three other guys, John B, Pope, and JJ. As their friend arrived with Jade, the three boys stared at her, wondering why she had brought one of Figure 8's richest kooks along.

As they approached the trio of wide-eyed teenagers, completely taken aback by Jade's presence, Kiara began the introductions.
"Boys, this is Jade Griffin!" she proudly announced. "Be kind to her, her friends just left her."

As two of them offered her welcoming smiles, the blond gave her a suspicious look.
"We know who she is," JJ replied, scrutinizing her from head to toe. "She's the daughter of that son of a bitch Joel Griffin."

"What did you just say?" Jade snapped, shooting him a fierce glare.
She wasn't used to someone speaking badly of her father. Everyone on Figure 8 admired him.

"You heard me right, princess," the boy replied with an irritated tone. "No offense, sweetheart, but go back to your castle."

Getting closer to that boy turned out to be a lot trickier than she had imagined. But Jade loved challenges. If she didn't, she wouldn't have spent years trying to catch Rafe Cameron's eye.

His two other friends playfully smacked the blond on the back of his head, a clear sign of their disapproval towards his unpleasant attitude, eliciting a pained complaint from him. They all embarked onto the boat, John B took care to help Jade by politely holding her hand, as she clumsily settled herself beside Kiara.

She was used to stepping aboard much more luxurious boats. But this time, she found herself venturing onto a one that was far more modest than any she had ever encountered before.

"Don't mind my boy, JJ..." reassured John B, "He always gets a little nervous around pretty girls!"

They burst into laughter as the blond grimaced, irritated by his best friend's joke. Their friend Kiara pulled out the beers and distributed them to the group. Jade hesitated to drink, wanting to keep a clear head to carry out her plan.