001. Reunions.

season 5, episode 1.

The first thing Emily Prentiss felt when she walked through Aaron Hotchners apartment doors was the absence of life

The first thing Emily Prentiss felt when she walked through Aaron Hotchners apartment doors was the absence of life. His keys were neatly placed on the kitchen countertop and his case was on the couch. It looked almost perfect. But the moment she took a couple of steps into the once safe living space she pulled out her gun and checked all of her surroundings.

There was a pool of blood that stained the floor carpet, broken glass that scattered the floor, his phone was left on the floor as if he dropped it in shock, and his gun holster was thrown upon the table above it. She looked around with wide eyes, calling the first person that came to her mind. She was already dialling their tech specialist Penelope Garcia when she walked into her lair.

The blonde answered her phone with her usual funky pick-up line causing all of Emily's troubles to lift away for just milli second.

"Garcia it's Emily, you need to listen to me very carefully something has happened to Hotch." Confused by the sudden statement Penelope simply listened to her, sent out an apb and send all available units to the address the moment she heard about the blood.

"Garcia, I'm going to tell Reid cause he's expecting me back, but you can't tell the others, they cannot be distracted."

Garcia respected Emily, really, she did, but she knew that there was one person she just had to tell. Technically she wasn't part of the BAU team anymore, so technically she wouldn't be disrespecting Emily's wishes. Penelope also knew that technically the brunette had said that she didn't want anything to do with the FBI anymore, but she also knew that Hotch was technically her father. Technically.

The blonde quickly dialled her once best friend and left a voicemail when she didn't answer. "Hey Alexandria, uh it's me! I know you told me not to contact you anymore for FBI business and technically this isn't FBI business, so I feel like I'm not crossing your boundaries with this phone call to talk to you but anyway, Hotch has been admitted to the hospital. He's currently in St. Sebastian Hospital. Emily is with him right now and please just think about visiting him and maybe even come visi-"

BEEP.

Just like that the voicemail cut off and Penelope was left with a hopeless feeling in her chest. She had hoped she had done the correct thing by contacting the former BAU agent.

Right now, the only thing that she could do was hope that Alexandria could distance herself from her past experiences that she went through with the BAU and go visit her father.

-

Alexandria Kaminska was happily strolling through the streets of Brooklyn with her headphones on blasting some Metallica album into her ears when she caught the time on the towns clock. "Shit!" Just like that her carefree status had gone and she was rushing to get to her shift at the pre-school she had been working at for the past 3 years.