xoxo Chapter 2 xoxo

Soon after, YN felt her body touching something cold. The ground, she guessed.

"Ow, what was that for?"

No answer.

"Hwang Hyunji-"

"I'm warning you; don't play games with us. We are capable of things you can't even imagine."

"But you're just 17!"

Then some footsteps echoed, until there was nothing anymore.

YN tried to move, but she knew it was no use. She tried getting up, but her world was far too dark to see.

"Felix?"

"Yes?", said the deep voice.

"Were you staring at me like a creep?"

"Define creep. Anyway, don't mess with Bang Chan."

"Who?"

"Maybe the guy that a few years ago killed the president?"

YN laughed, not believing a word.

"But President Kim died of old age."

"There are many things we don't tell you. Just don't challenge his authority. The last one got off with both her arms amputated. Though it would be a fun sight.", the boy smirked.

He then got up and started walking away, laughing.

"Very funny! You're just telling tales, right? Right?"

A ball of worry started forming in YN's stomach. It couldn't be true. She was fine. All was fine. It must be.

After a short while, the girl heard footsteps again.

"Felix?"

Silence.

"Han, take her out and tie her up.", said a voice she had never heard before.

It contained so much anger, like a bomb that keeps ticking until everything ends.

YN could feel someone walking towards her, and soon the plastic bag clouding her vision was gone. Just as she started to look around, a boy with silver hair, probably Han, snatched her arm violently and shoved her into an old, wooden chair. She wanted to protest, but all she could do was comply.

"You know what, I'll make it easy. What's your name?" asked Bang Chan as YN was being tied up.

The girl had to think quickly. She wasn't going to give out personal information to eight complete strangers.

"Me? My name is Park Sanghee.", she said cheekily.

All of the men present in the room stared at her, making the atmosphere tense.

"I know Hyunjin and Felix already! And you must be Bang Chan! I would shake your hand, but... as you can see, I can't!", YN fake cried while looking at her hands, which were tied neatly behind her back.

An icy silence followed, during which the leader took off his glasses.

"How funny. But we're not here to make friends."

"I know you're not, but you know, Channie, you're not really my type."

Silence.

A burst of fire rose in Bang Chan's eyes as the others furrowed their eyebrows, except for a blonde YN guessed would be Felix. This was going to be a good show.

"Han, bring the chainsaw."

YN felt cold sweat dripping down her forehead as her eyes opened wide. Her lips were frozen in a smile that wanted to freeze time. A chainsaw? What were they going to do? Certainly not build her a tree house...right?

The girl's eyes searched the room for familiar faces, and they ended up landing on Felix's. He simply laughed and started whispering to one of his companions, which made YN feel sick. He owed her nothing. Nothing at all. Why was she like this? She wasn't even sure whether he was actually who she thought he was. She felt another pair of eyes staring at her, but looked away as soon as their eyes met.

"Thank you, Han.", said Bang Chan in a loud voice, walking closer to YN.

"You, one wrong move, and say goodbye to that pretty face of yours.", he let out, rage in his eyes.

But then something burned in YN's heart. She knew it was wrong, but she needed no pity.

"Then, what are you waiting for? Just kill me already!"

All of the men stared at her in shock before the leader started laughing. He walked closer, cupping the girl's cheek in his hand.

"Why do you even need me anyway?", she let out, starting to lose her temper.

Bang Chan ruffled her hair, examining a strand of it that was particularly long.

"Do you really think you're special?"

Suddenly, he turned on the chainsaw and approached it near YN's ears, making her shiver at the sound.

"You were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or right, should I say?", he frowned.

The girl was about to reply when suddenly she felt a rush of wind. Only after a few seconds did she understand what had happened, and her breathing felt shaky. On the ground stood a long strand of hair. Her hair.

"What do you want me to do?"

The leader got up, throwing the chainsaw across the room. It landed on a vase, which crashed to the ground instantly. The dark-haired man picked up a broken piece, examining it between his long fingers.

"Simple. Listen to our instructions."

Instructions. This word felt like torture in YNs mind. Too many memories kept coming back...

If there was one thing YN hated the most in the world, more than boredom, death, or anything else, it was orders. She knew this could get her in deep trouble, but so what? In the worst-case scenario, if they kill her, at least some people would cry at her funeral. Or maybe not. The girl looked up into the man's eyes with malice.

"What if I don't?"

That was it. YN didn't know exactly what happened next, only the excruciating pain it brought her. Blood. On her T-shirt. On the floor. Pain. Dizziness.

"Then this happens, Choi YN."