xoxo Chapter 4 xoxo

That night, YN slept on the floor. The girl found it hard to fall asleep for her eye kept hurting, but she had no other choice than to try. The previous evening Hyunjin had locked her up in this room, saying she would have to prove herself to get as much as her own bed.

"Do you treat all of your allies like this?", whined YN as he started walking away.

"You're just a decoy, know your place."

The girl amused him, but he had to do his job. He was so used to blood on his hands that he barely even smiled. That was their biggest difference, in a way.

"Here.", Hyunjin finished, throwing something at the girl.

He then closed the door, locking it as usual.

YN rolled her eyes, picking up the eyepatch. She was so used to people caring about her a little to much, to the point of being controlling, but... he just didn't care. They didn't care. All of them.

Her competitive nature resurfaced as she put the eyepatch on. She was going to show them what she was made of, and it wasn't sugar.

But... how?

"Just keep smiling, and they won't suspect a thing.", the girl thought.

Only, she didn't want to lose herself either. Her personality wasn't that interesting to begin with, for she was simply a girl who hated to stay still, but she was still her, and deep down she cared.

That night was one of the hardest of her life, but she quickly got used to the pain. Somehow, it was better than the worry that never left her side back home. YN had only drifted off for an hour when it was already time to wake up.

The girl heard the door unlock, as Hyunjin walked in.

"It's 4. Time for training."

She looked up, grinning sleepily.

"Five more minutes...", fake cried YN.

The boy sighed, before closing the door behind him. Did she forget she's being detained by the mafia?

"It's now... or never.", he threatened, taking out a knife.

To his surprise, the girl simply rolled over, closing her eyes once again. For a few seconds she was so deep in her dreams that she forgot all about her promise to herself.

That was until she heard a clicking sound, and felt her head hurting. As YNs eyes opened in irritation she realized Hyunjin was pulling her by the hair, getting her up.

"Ouch, Mister Hwang!", the girl whimpered, following him out of the door.

The boy seemed to have been flustered by her comment, as his grip loosened.

"Ahem.", he started, getting back his composure, "I don't have all day."

"Why don't you just recruit a professional athlete?", YN asked, completely forgetting the fact that he was pulling her by the hair.

"Harder to manipulate. In all ways possible."

By now they had arrived to a small meeting room, where the other men were having coffee.

"Hey guys!", smiled YN as though she was in a high school comedy and not detained by the mafia.

The brown haired boy she had met earlier rolled his eyes, as Felix reached out, asking him for the money.

YN smiled remarking Bang Chan wasn't here.

"Hey, what's up, Mister Hwang.", teased Felix as Hyunjin sat down, tying the girl's handcuffs on the seat next to him.

"Do I get to eat?", she whined suddenly, realizing there was no plate in front of her.

"No."

What?

That's when a man entered the room running, covered in blood. Bang Chan.

"You, come with me. Training.", he said, looking at YN. He then signaled for Hyunjin to untie her.

Hyunjin nodded, unlocking the handcuffs, as the girl looked at him pleadingly. To that, he simply shrugged. If mercy was a part of the job, nothing would ever be done. That was just how things were.

Chan walked over, taking the handcuffs from Hyunjin as he signaled for YN to follow him.

"Isn't Hyunjin the one that is going to train me?", asked YN as the pair left the room.

They were both mafias, but she just felt safer with the boy, who was closer to her age.

"Just shut the hell up, and do as I say."

The girl couldn't bring herself to say anything, so she looked down. It was crazy how smiles came so easily to her.

"Go in."

By now they had arrived to a room YN guessed was for training. It was white, with the walls covered in traces of blood. The girl shivered.

"Take a gun.", ordered Bang Chan as they both walked in.

YN, who was still trying to smile, slowly took a revolver from the large collection they possessed. She had just been freed from her handcuffs, and her hands were still bloody from the pressure.

Not wasting a minute, the man behind her pressed a red button, which apparently activated the wall system, as it revealed a target.

Only, it wasn't any target. Attached to it was someone. Someone alive.

"Shoot."