Chapter 3

Spencer was pacing around my room like an angry bull. I mean what if I came in with Layla. His dumb, a dumb fuck. Hot and dumb. I feel like fucking and slapping him at the same time. Wow, that's some thought being spanked.... okay losing truck

"I just want to know when you think is the best time we should tell Layla." His voice husky like he smoked a packet of cigars. Something was sticking out of his pockets. Red.

Walking passed him, taking in the Red material that had me curious. "That's not my problem." What the fuck. "She's not my girlfriend. Now get out." please let it not be what I think it is?

His brows frown as he concentrates. He changed into black sweatpants and a gray hoodie. There was more he wanted to say but instead he closed his mouth and started to leave the room without even looking if there was someone in the halls and noticing I had pulled the Red lacy pant in his pocket.

My pant.

I had thought I left them behind or something. "Why do you have this in your pocket?" Spencer closed the door and grabbed them from me like I was the crazy one.

"What?"

"The fuck is what. Spencer what if she was the one who saw them? Maybe she already did"

Dumb.

He just looks at me like I'm the dumb one and heads out. Furious with me. I didn't even do anything. This shitty situation as me feeling like a caged animal and sooner or later I will break free.

Tears clouded my eyes, I tell myself its only because I'm guilty yet the burn feels different, his faded smiles breaks my heart. Why do I even care whether he shows us his teeth or not?

By us I mean my heart and I.

He should mean nothing to me.

By night everyone was in high spirits. Mom and Dad where already in their rooms so we could play the dirty games. Something that we always do. Spencer is sitting opposite me, thank goodness for that. Our cousins are around tonight which makes this fun.

"Spencer I know you're new to this but you should know daring Olivia to drink is like awarding her so think big with her." Of course Jordan, lets tell the man who watched me drown four shots in one go and three shots when we got to my room that drinking is my calling.

Layla laughs. "Yeah Jordan is serious babe." She's sitting on his lap and I can't help but feel sick once I look at them.

"Can we start I'm getting bored."

Everyone agrees. So we pick up our cards and begin. Loser gets dared. There is no truth because who cares about the truth in a game right?

His eyes penetrated me throughout the game, it was like we were back at the hotel and all he saw was me and only me. There were ten of us yet his scent was the only thing in my nose.

"You lose Olivia." Cousin Chris calls across the room. His been out for thirty minutes now. Jordan jumps for joy already with a childish dare up his sleeve.

Just when he opens his mouth. "I have a better one my love." Simone the traitor says. I can feel it, she's going to use this as a moment to feed her curiosity.

"But..." they look at each communicating in their love language. "Fine." He slumps back like a baby.

"Okay. Olivia I dare you to bring five special looking stones from the woods." Oh boy, those stones are rare, you'd have to walk a little deeper and in the dark, the point is that you're out in the cold freezing your ass out while looking for things that you may never find. Jeez she's crazy. "With spencer." Yep, crazy indeed.

I only glance at him before glaring at Simone who is beaming. "Seriously. Babe I had a better one, this was about GAF grown ass fun." Jordan complains. We get up, Layla kissing her man as if his going away into battle.

We don't talk until we reach the woods; his torch shines our way. Cricking noises from our footsteps cracking dry branches. His heat wraps my being, squeezing my senses until I brake. His not even talking and I'm already seeing things.

"Sorry about this morning, I acted as though I'm better than you." he looks my way but my eyes are searching the ground. I see one orange-ish stone. Pick it up and place it in my pocket. "It was wrong of me."

"No it wasn't." he says. Stopping. "You shouldn't apologize about that."

"Okay great, now that's out of the way, we should find those suckers and get out of the cold."

He doesn't move. I try to ignore him and look for the stones around, near his light. Only problem is, I can feel his stare, every inch of it and it burns me open. "Stop staring and help me look."

"It's hard being close to you yet having you far away." his steps closer to me. "I feel like an addict and you're my fix."

"Don't say that,"

He pulls me by my waist. My back pressing into his chest. "You are my drug, your hair." Sniffs it then kisses me just blow the ear.

"We can't do this..."

"And I don't think I can pretend I don't know you anymore." I was span around before I can say noodles. Don't know why that's irrelevant.

He didn't kiss me, just stared at my soul. We were running late; however, the game was the last thing on his mind.

"Spencer..."

"Liv..." he says in the same tone I used. I don't know how long we stand there staring at each other, breathing his scent that as me week. I clutch my hands into fits when I feel like touching him, running my fingers onto that chest but that would be like opening myself to him. Again. "Let's find those stones." Letting me go.

Welcoming the change of subject. "Do you even know what we looking for?" he shrugs and picks up dirt that is molded like a stone.

"Only heard your name. So have you found a way to scoop those investors?"

"It's stressing me out." We move around and I manage to pick three. These should be enough. "Hence I haven't gotten around it."

"I can help." He keeps walking and I have to run a little to catch up to him because he has the light and its dark as fuck. We don't speak our way back but something changes between us, and I'm afraid that the door that has been opened won't easily be closed.