Chapter 10

Oh jeez it's too early for this.

I walk further in the room and take a sit on the couch because I will need it by the time this blows up. It's only a matter of time before Spencer walks comes looking for me when he realizes I am not returning.

"Layla."

"Well hello to you as well, why wouldn't answer your phone have been calling since last night." She says. "Anyway I need to tell you something but I need coffee for this." Walks to the kitchen when I hear the electric kettle turned on, she walks back out with a bottle of water. She looks at me with teary eyes. "I'm pregnant."

What?

"This is too early for jokes."

"No like for real, I'm pregnant."

My reaction hits the wall as Spencer walks in the room wearing my towel. He was saying something but stopped when he saw Layla standing behind the couch.

"Layla." He says and turns to walk back out, but the lady in question has other ideas. She walks in front of him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Please, Layla I am not in the mood. Okay." Did he not hear her say she's pregnant?

"This is the person you told me about." She doesn't even look at me and my heart breaks for her. Because I know she's hurting.

Ignoring her he sides steps her and she grabs his wrist which makes him angry. "Layla enough. You knew how I felt for a long time now and what did you do? Asked your father to invite me to Christmas with you. Cornering me in a position I didn't want to be in." That's a lot to unpack.

"I thought we could work things out."

Okay, let's just keep talking like I'm not here.

"But I didn't, I told you this before." He glances at her abdomen area. "Probably why you are pregnant right now."

"That's not fair."

"I would say the same thing but I'm not a hypocrite."

"With Olivia."

"None of us knew that we had you in common." He looks at me for a second, still mad at me from our earlier conversation. "I already told you this Layla, Olivia or not, it doesn't change how I feel." Finally, his able to leave the room.

She doesn't cry but I can see her fighting the tears and the water as finally come to a boil in the kitchen and in my life.

"Were you ever going to tell me?"

That's a good question. Maybe our relationship was meant to be a secrete and if that's the case, then for how long would I have kept this hidden? How long before mom forced me to tell Layla the truth in front of dad. And everyone would think I am the reason for their breakup.

"No."

She scoffs. "Why would I think you would care, it was always you and Jordan and I was just the other sibling."

"I'm confused. Are we talking about your sibling problems or Spencer?"

"This is just like you to always have things your way."

My jaw ticked. The annoyance choking me, I was tired and hungry and had zero patience for this. "Then why are you still standing in my house?"

Maybe I should take that back, I did owe her at least an explanation from my side.

Layla turned and looked at me. Nodding to herself. She walked out of the house not even bothering to close the door.

When I got up to close the door. Spencer walked back out. Now he decides to dress-up. I know he did it on purpose who walks out like that, what if it was my mother or father? He probably heard her voice and had a brilliant idea to seek me out without clothes.