Chapter XII: Dungeon Break

~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~

[Name: Luke Sirius]

[Level: 22]

[Job: None]

[HP: 180/180]

[MP: 125/125]

[Available Status Points: 0]

[Strength: 36]

[Agility: 40]

[Vigor: 36]

[Intelligence: 50]

[Sense: 36]

[Faith: 36]

[Skills]

[Active: Sundering Blow, Ember Step]

[Passive: N/A]

...

[Boots of Stride]

[Rank: C]

[Description: Simple enchanted boots that increase the wearer's movement]

[Effect: Movement speed +10%]

...

[Apple of Knowledge]

[Rank: Unique]

[Description: A magical apple imbued with knowledge over mana.]

[Effect 1: By biting into the apple, you imbue yourself with a flow of mana, filling up half of your maximum MP rounded up.]

[MP restored: 63]

[Recharge 1: 1 hour]

[Effect 2: By biting into the apple, you can amplify the effects of one of your skills at random, temporarily evolving the skill for 5 minutes.]

[Recharge 2: 24 hours]

~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~

"This is a strong apple," Luke noted to himself as he lay on his sofa. In his hands was the 'magic apple' as he tossed it up only to catch it once again.

Despite being a magical item, the apple looked like... well, an apple. Bright red with a small cut stem on its top. In the time it took for him and Matthew to return to his penthouse, Luke had already bitten into the apple, simply using its first effect, before de-summoning the item. When he summoned it again, the apple was uneaten and pristine as if just plucked from its tree.

"Have you tested your horn yet?" Luke asked, turning his head to spot Matthew at the dining table. Luke's laptop was sitting in front of him as he typed away at something Luke couldn't see.

Matthew just shook his head. "Haven't needed to."

Luke lifted his head as the apple he'd tossed burst into smoldering ashes and disappeared. "What are you doing? And why are you on my computer?"

"I'm looking into if anyone has had the experience we had," Matthew responded.

Luke scoffed. "I somehow feel we are a bit of a special case. If people found out about a hunter who could 'level-up' I'm sure it'd be on news headlines for ages."

"It's not for us."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Well, we haven't done anything notable with it. Nor have we even told anyone either."

Matthew glanced up to meet Luke's gaze. "You assume people who are like us would've told others as well. Anyways, I did find one thing."

Luke's eyes widened as he turned and hopped over the back of the couch. "Shit? Are they nearby?" He asked, walking behind Matthew to view the laptop's screen which was open to a post on a social media site that Luke didn't recognize.