8

Notes: brainrots my beloveds, have some Thanatos content

Techno and Wilbur snuck in through the window, into their room, hoping to go unnoticed.
They thought they had made it, when the light turned on, and they saw Phil standing in the doorway.
« Phil! »
« Dad! » They said in unison
« It's almost 5 am. Where were you two?! » While he was clearly mad, he didn't raise his voice, and both of the twins were glad, they already had a headache.
« Dad, we can explain- » Wilbur started, hoping to come up with an excuse. It was his specialty, after all.
« Don't even try, I know you two have been sneaking out to go to parties and such. »
The two teens looked at eachother, it was clear they were confused.
« Haven't you noticed I give you more chores the day after you sneak out? » Both nodded.
« It's a punishment, I know grounding you two isn't going to help, so I did it more subtly. But you're usually home by midnight, maybe 1 am. But 5 am?! Where were you?! And don't make up excuses. »
Both were hesitant to talk, but finally Techno started « Yeah we- we snuck out to go to a party- »
« -It was Jared's, you remember him? »
« Yes, I know him. »
« So we were… we um- » Techno started, but seemed hesitant on continuing, like he was scared. Phil gave him the time to talk, but it was Wilbur instead who continued
« -We got drunk. »
Phil stared at the two « What. »
All the anger in his body got temporarily replaced with worry « You- you're barely 15! Do you know how bad that stuff is?! It could seriously hurt your body- are you crazy?! »
« It's not the first time, we know we can handle it! » Wilbur tried.
« And that should calm me?! Prime- I thought it was just you going out late, doing kids stuff- but- are you out of your minds?! » Phil ran his hands through his hair. How couldn't he have noticed earlier? The constant headaches both claimed to have, the clear hungovers they often had-
« You two are in so much trouble. » He managed to sputter, as a bubble of anxiety formed in his chest.
« We figured… » Wilbur trailed off, with an awkward smile.
« B-But- but that's not all! » Techno claimed, probably hoping to distract Phil.
« What now, have you been smoking too? »
« He has, but that's not what I was talking about- » Techno replied, receiving a punch on the shoulder from Wilbur.
« What?! »
« As I was saying- » Techno continued.
« We'll come back to that later, Will. » Phil promised. « Techno, continue »
« So, we kind of… » He looked at Wilbur like he was asking him to continue. It seemed like a silent conversation went on between the two:
"Tell him"
"No you tell him!"
"How do I explain it?!"
"I don't know you're the one who usually does the talking!"
"You're the one who had the great idea to tell him"
"He's gonna find out either way!"
"Let's just show him"
They seemed to settle on the "show, not tell"
« This is going to look weird, but you have to trust us. »
Phil nodded, inciting them to go on.
And they did.
Wilbur grabbed one of Techno's hands, and put his other on his waist, Techno doing the same, putting the hand on the hips, and they started to clumsly dance.
Phil waited a while for something to happen, and just as he was about to say something, he noticed the marks on Wilbur and Techno's scars started glowing.
A smile started creeping onto Phil's face as he realized what he was witnessing: he had only ever read about them in stories, and even then it was only ore hybrids who could do it.
All worry and anger disappeared from him, getting replaced with amazement as his sons fused into one.
« Ta-da… » He said, with a worried smile.
« That's- that's- that's incredible! How long have you been able to do this? »
« A few hours? »
« Is that why you were late? »
The fusion- his son nodded « We- they- I- was worried you might be mad if you saw us- them- me like this »
« Why would I? It's impressive! You look beautiful-… what's your name? »
« What do you mean dad- Phil- Dad- » the poor kid seemed confused on what to call him, Techno was probably wanting to call him Phil, Wilbur probably dad
« Dadza. » he decided, mixing the two names « It's just us- me- Wilbur and Techno »
Phil shook his head « It's much more than you two being together, you're a different person, you're you, not just a union of two. You're one now. You're someone new… » Phil tried to explain, but struggled to find the words.
Even so, the fusion seemed satisfied with the answer « So I have to… find another name? »
« I could help »
« … What do you think about Thanatos? »
« You have to like it, what I th- »
« I like it! »
It took Phil a second to realize he was talking to himself, probably Techno asking Wilbur. He chirped, as he took a good look at his new son: he had brown and pink hair, with no real logic, just mixing randomly. His eyes were one different from the other: one the same as Wilbur, the other like Techno's. The clothes were a weird mix of the two's clothes, in color and shape, looking more like Wilbur's but having mostly Techno's colors. The wings were, one the same purple as Will, the other the light, pinkish color Techno had.
It was clear it was a new thing, still being unstable, and more of a mix then of a thing of its own. They would work on that.

« So, Thanatos? »
« Yes? » He answered, a new light in his eyes, clearly happier and calmer than before.
« You know you're still in trouble, right? »
« What?! » The other groaned, a smile forming on his face.

Notes: ah yes, a bit of fluff, the calm before the storm. How long till they'll break apart?