Chapter Seven | Ridge

⊳⊱ ♕ ⊰⊲

⊳⊱ ♕ ⊰⊲

Voices echoed around inside Elijah's head. He could feel the blood trickling down the side of his face, and the thumping of footsteps on the carpet he lay on vibrated against his cheek.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" a distorted voice exclaimed. "W-what? Did the Venaticus send this guy? Are you telling me I gotta fucking move again?!"

Someone replied, "That's not what we're saying, boss. It's just—"

"It's just what?!"

"H-he's got white hair. He could be one of them," a woman insisted.

"No...no, no, no, no, no!" the first voice shouted. "I'm not giving it all up. Just kill this fucking guy and burn his body! We've made too much progress."

"How did he even find us?" someone else asked.

"Yeah, how did he find us?" the first man questioned angrily. "It seems to me like you're not doing your goddamn jobs—the jobs I pay you for!"

Elijah slowly opened his left eye. There were three men standing right in front of him—all he could see were their boots—and the first man he'd heard talking was leaning against the poker table, shaking his head while the other thirteen people glanced cautiously at one another. It was Ridge.

How the hell did they know he was coming? He'd missed something...but what?

"All right," Ridge said as he hastily snatched the money from the table and stuffed it into his pockets. "We gotta gather everything; the money, the guns, and the vials. We'll use the Farringdon Lane exit and get to the cars by the safe house."

Ridge's goons started rushing around the room.

"And who should deal with him?" a guy asked, kicking Elijah's arm.

"You fucking do it," Ridge snapped, hurrying to a safe in the wall by the window.

Elijah felt disorientated, and his ears were ringing, but all of these people were demons, and they were exactly what he needed to not only cure his current predicament but to also speed up the recovery of the energy it took for his body to heal.

The moment a man grabbed his arm and rolled him onto his back, Elijah snatched his wrist before he could stab his knife into his throat. Then, the demon yanked him closer and sunk his fangs into the startled man's throat.

"He's fucking awake!" someone yelled.

"Don't just stand there, do something!" Ridge shrieked.

Elijah gulped down as much of the man's blood as he could, and when several demons came at him with their claws bared, he snarled in frustration and threw the man in his grip at them. But before he could climb to his feet, two demons who dodged their dead packmate grabbed his arms and pinned him against the back wall. Elijah tried to kick one of them off, but on Ridge's order, two more demons raced over and grabbed his legs.