TWO

Ch 2 [Mother]

I didn't used to go school. Instead, my father taught me at home. He had taught me early that day and left for school. I was alone and was staring at my mother's photo that was hanging on the wall. In the day time, my aunt that lived near our house used to come and take care of me. She had a son who was four years older than me. He was less like a friend and more like a brother.

"Satvik, do you want to watch tv?" He asked me with a smile. His name was Sushant.

I shook my head, "I don't want to. I miss mom." I replied with a sad face. He walked towards me and patted gently on my head.

"Close your eyes and feel like you are with your mother." I closed my eyes and felt better as if it was my mother telling me that everything will be alright. I had tears rolled down till my cheeks. From that day, I never felt lonely. I always felt like my mother was with me and she was watching over me. When I was sad or felt down, I used to talk to her. She never replied but I assumed she always heard me.

At the age of fifteen my arms got cured. I could finally use them again and do any work that I wanted. I could live a normal life like others. Father distributed sweets that day. I thought I could live a happy life starting from that day, little did I knew that the struggle had only started for me.