Chapter 5: The Decepticon

They were halfway to the last piece when the crazy man spoke.

Vigor: - Eh?... Let me go... Let me go, my dear friends!

Natelien: - Do you think that we're that stupid?

Elaine: - I hope didn't take it seriously...

Vigor: - Let me go, you won't regret it!

Elaine: - Yeah, you'll just run away, and you'll make sure for us to not fins a way to dissolve your curse.

Azaruth, sawing that his plan didn't work, turned to another. With magic her removed the crystals from the crazy man's eyes. With that Vigor screamed.

Elaine: - Vigor calm down on my back! Nati check him, what's wrong with him.

Natelien nodded, then she looked back, at him.

Natelien: - Elaine stop, you must see this!

Elaine stopped and looked back.

Natelien: - The crystals, disappeared from his eyes.

Elaine: - True, but the darker skin remained.

Vigor: - What... What's going on here?! Why am I tied up?! Guardians, my friends?! Where are you taking me?! Let me go!!!

Elaine: - Calm down Vigor, we don't want to hurt you.

Natelien: - The opposite. We're here to save your life.

Vigor: - Then why am I tied?!

Elaine: - Because the crystal, we were guarding, broke and the wicked escaped. With his magic he made you a member of his dark army.

Natelien: - And now we are in the process of stop him and to dissolve the curse on you, to change you back to your old self.

Vigor: - I'm not that stupid, I won't fall for you...

At this point Elaine and Natelien couldn't decide if he had already changed back to his old self, or he was still under the curse. Maybe he said it because he is crazy and it's too amazing for a crazy man to believe. Or maybe Azaruth is in the background and that's why he's not a crazy man right now and that's why he's lying.

Elaine: - Are you sure Vigor would have said that?

Vigor: - Well, you know him, so you should know what he used to say usually... Oops...

Elaine: - Ha! Azaruth you failed!

Vigor: - Who is Azaruth? I didn't know anyone with this name.

Natelien: - Who is Azaruth? You didn't tell me anything about him before.

Elaine: - I did, it was my grandfather's name, before he transformed into this.

Vigor: - I'm not that old, but always handsome dragon, I'm Vigor, who's living in the village, the always grinning crazy man.

Natelien: - You betrayed yourself again...

The crystals returned to Vigor's eyes as he spoke to the guardians.

Vigor: - Fools! You don't even know what power you're facing! Hahaha!

He finished with what he had to say, he slowly began to rotate his head in one direction until he can... then he rotated it even more!

Natelien and Elaine screamed almost at the same time: - Vigor, no!

But Vigor hadn't heard anything, any longer, with a big crack at the cervical vertebra, he ceased to exist.

Elaine and Natelien shed tears for a few minutes, they were watching at the crazy man's body on Elaine's back. After a while Elaine broke the silence first.

Elaine: - Give him the ultimate respect, bury him up the hill, at the foot of the tree there.

Natelien: - He deserves this, since he was born crazy and his life ended this way.

They carried the corpse to the top of the hill, to the tree, where they ug the hole for him, at least Elaine dug, while Natelien watched her. When she was done with the pit, they placed Vigor in it. They took a tearful goodbye and buried him. They stood above the tomb for a while, then they set off, the worlds counted on them.

As they got closer and closer to the final piece, the sky darkened, and there were fewer and fewer living plants around them.

Natelien: - I think we're on the right track...

Elaine: - You don't say?! I thought these destroyed crops are here just because of a prank... And anyway, we're following the map.

They moved inward and deeper into the destruction. There was no living plant around them anymore. The trees had dried up, their leaves fallen already. The grass was no longer in the concept of this area.

Natelien: - Look ahead! There's something familiar!

Elaine watched where her friend was pointing. She finally noticed what she wanted to show to her, she saw a hillside with a waterfall. Around the waterfall and its small pond everything was green and alive, even the trees weren't dried up there.

Elaine: - I see, it's really familiar to me too, which is really rare in this place: Everything is green and alive.

Natelien: - Not that... The place! don't you remember? I found you here. When I went around here, looking for potable water, I stopped to see if it was potable. I filled my bottle and then drank its content. Fortunately, that was what I was looking for. That's when you came out of the cave behind the waterfall. But when you saw me, you ran back in, in hope of you didn't get noticed.

Elaine: - But you noticed me. And what a luck, because I didn't know how long I could stand it alone.

Natelien: - We've been best friends ever since that day!

Elaine: - I guess we're not here for nothing...

Natelien: - No, not in vain...

Elaine: - Here's the last piece, right?

Natelien: - Yeah...

Elaine: - Before we go in, could you check where the enemy's map is?

Natelien: - Of course... Hmm... There's a problem...

Elaine: - Please don't say that the only mark on the map is the piece in the cave...

Natelien: - Okay, then I won't say it.

Slowly they begun to approach the entrance, which was hidden by the waterfall. When they got to the entrance Natelien spoke up.

Natelien: - I hope you brought a sleeping bag with you, because this will take long!