Starting It All (Reader POV)

"Y/N, will you go out with me?"

I stared up into his eyes. Those golden eyes I had looked into countless times. Kid was my best friend, my rock in the storm, the light in the darkness. The thought of being in a relationship with him crossed my mind, and we came pretty close to it before, but...it was out of the question.

"Kid," I started, tears in my voice, "I...I don't think I can. I love you, I really, really do, but...not like that I guess? Well, that's wrong, I am in love with you, but I lost so much from my relationship with Tsubaki, I don't want to lose you too."

He looked like I had just tore his heart out of his chest. And I suppose I practically did. Tears filled his eyes as he stared at the ground, "Y/N, Y/N please. I won't let you lose me. I'm obsessed with you, you are my night and day. You have to reconsider!"

I stepped back, a little frightened from how he raised his voice. He saw that he had scared me, and took a step in my direction. "Y/N, come back. I didn't mean to shout at you. I won't do it again. Tell me what you want and I'll deliver, I swear it."

My tears spilled over. I shook my head, trying to hold my sobs in. I couldn't let him see me like this. "I won't risk it."

Somehow, he looked even worse. But his sorrow quickly turned to anger. "Who is it? Hm? I'll be just like them if you want. Or I'll make them leave, to never come back. Whatever it takes Y/N, I'll do it!"

"There's no one Kid! No one else. Only you. I just refuse to push someone away again, like I have so many times before. I'm sorry," I rushed over to him, grabbed his face in my hands and brought it down to me. I gave him a kiss, and as I pulled away I wiped his tears. Then I ran.