Fixing Broken Bonds (Kid's POV)

I walked away from Y/N. I could hear her crying behind me, but I felt that if I were to go back, she would just be even more upset. So, ignoring my desire to go comfort her, I left for home.

As I walked, I thought to myself. Y/N was wrong, I loved her. With all of my heart, body, and soul. And it was because of that that she could only be with me. No one else deserved her. No one else would treat her as I would, no one else could love her as much. And if someone thought that they could, then they would have to be put back in their place. Only a god could even come close to what my Burning Flame deserved. She didn't know it, but I was helping her. Protecting her. If I didn't, no one else would.

I wasn't angry with her for pushing me away today. I would never be angry with her. And she wasn't angry with me either, no she was just overwhelmed, confused with what was going on right now. Tsubaki twisted her vision of me. That's why I did what I did. I had to do it. For our future.

It was alright that Y/N was confused. I was too. She said the night that she rejected me that she loved me, she just didn't want to strain our relationship. And she must still love me, because love does not fade. No, in conditions like ours, it should only strengthen.

Even though I knew that, it still hurt me to be apart from Y/N. Without her, I was just a match without a spark.

"Kid?"

I whipped around, surprised. It was Liz.

"Hello Liz. I just returned from seeing Y/N."

"Oh, how was she? It's been a few days since I've seen her."

"She's been a little upset recently."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't think she'd like me to talk about it," I lied, "but I'll let her know you were concerned."

"Maybe she'd feel better if you brought her something to eat. A good cinnamon roll always makes me feel better," she suggested.

"Not a bad idea. Thank you Liz."

"No problem Kid!"

Again I was alone in the kitchen. Liz had a good idea. Perhaps if I made lunch for me and Y/N tomorrow she would come to her senses, and realize that we were destined to be together. Or she would at least come a little bit closer to the realization.

I gathered up various ingredients to begin cooking, and started to lose myself in thought again.

Even before I asked Y/N out I planned our life together. We would get married surrounded by our friends and family, then for our honeymoon we would go to the beach. We wouldn't have any kids, but we'd be at the DWMA everyday as the directors, so we'd be around kids all the time. Each and every day I would make her feel like the goddess she is, and I'd fall deeper into love with her.

And if anyone came between us, well, nothing could come between us.

Whatever it took, me and Y/N would be together.