Someone Else's Truth (Kid's POV)

"It-," and she paused, for just a moment, "it was you."

My heart stopped. How could it have been me? I would never hurt her. Not my Burning Flame. No matter what. She always comes first.

"I - I don't think you know what you're saying-"

"No, I know exactly what I'm saying." Her tears had stopped, and she was speaking clearly now, "You asked who hurt me. It was you. You hurt me when you hurt Tsubaki, you hurt me when you scare me, you hurt me when you couldn't take no for an answer. You are the one who hurt me. No one else."

During all of that she didn't look at me, not once. She stared directly into the wall. Her voice was steady, despite how scared I could tell she was.

I couldn't think of anything to say. She was wrong, she had to be. Y/N was confused. If there was anyone in the world who wouldn't hurt her, it was me.

But, even if she was telling the truth, a tear slipped down her face. I watched as it flowed down, eventually falling off at her jawline. That tear meant that even as she said what she did, she regretted it. She loves me. And she knew she had cut deep. And that hurt her.

Another tear. And another, and another. Soon she was right back to an uncontrollable sob. I walked around the counter, and sat down beside her.

I reached out towards her, and when she didn't flinch I embraced her hand in mine.

"It's okay dear. I know you didn't want to hurt me. You're just frustrated. You don't know what to do. And that's okay. I'm here for you. I won't stop loving you no matter what. I forgive you."

I could no longer tell what she was thinking. Y/N just continued to stare forward, her eyes filled with tears. Unsure what to do now, I just sat by her side, waiting to see what she would say.