Family Introduction

Both girls were breathing heavily and they tried to get it under control. Just then Kitty's dad bursted through the door.

"So we bought all your favorites and to—Who is this?" Kitty's dad, Daniel Covey, paused hesitantly. He knew his daughter sorta had a crush on some girl because of their call and his instincts told him that, that was Yuri.

"Hi Sir, I'm Han Yuri," Yuri bowed out of respect. As a Korean she was taught to be extra respectful to people older than her.

Kitty was still frozen. She was worried that her dad would find out what they were doing. Yes, he was extremely supportive but Kitty did not want to have "The Talk" again. It was just plain awkward the first time they talked about contraceptives. But she wouldn't really need them with Yuri. Maybe— Kitty's thoughts were interrupted when she realized that both her dad and Yuri were staring at her.

"Oh! Uh... Yuri is here because she came to tell me good news. I'm not going to be expelled from KISS anymore!" Kitty smiled sheepishly when she realized she hadn't told her dad she was going to be expelled in the first place.

"You were going to be expelled?! Why haven't you told us? We'll talk about it later Kitty," His tone was a little tough, it was clear that Kitty was going to get a lecture later. But his attention shifted towards Yuri. Even his tone was different when he spoke to Yuri. "How long will you be staying with us Yuri? Please stay as long as you'd like."

Yuri smiled in relief. "I don't know but I believe I have to leave soon. I promised my mom and brother that I'll spend the holiday with them." This was a surprise to Kitty, she was so happy that the three were getting along now.

"At least stay for tomorrow. We'll go ice skating and I'm sure you won't want to miss Kitty's skills—" he put his hands up in parentheses when he said that word—"she's very talented."

"I would love to see that. I'll leave the morning after then. Just in time for the holidays." Yuri smiled brightly at the thought of spending more time with Kitty.

"Okay great! Come down for dinner soon girls," Daniel turned around and before closing the sort he said, "Quickly."

The door then shut and both Kitty and Yuri smiled in relief. It was quiet for a few moments. Kitty felt a bit embarrassed, she didn't know what possessed her earlier.

"About what happened I—"

"Let's go downstairs. We don't want to keep them waiting." Yuri rushed her words as she quickly got up. She didn't want Kitty to regret what they did.

Since Yuri was already up and about to open the door, Kitty rushed to her side and led the way downstairs. As they walked into the kitchen, Margot and Lara Jean were setting up the table. Trina was bringing in food along with Daniel. They had three pairs of eyes looking at them. Not Kitty's dad because he already knew what was going on.

"This is my friend, Yuri. She will be staying with us for a day or two-ish." Kitty introduced her and Yuri bowed once again. "You don't have to do that, Yuri."

"It's fine. Hi everyone, like Kitty said I'm Yuri, it's a pleasure to meet you all," Yuri hopes that she made a good impression. She cares a lot about appealing to Kitty's family for some reason.

Trina was the first to speak up. "Hello! I'm Trina. It's very nice to meet you too. It's my first time meeting one of Kitty's friends."

"I'm Margot. I actually remember you Yuri, I met your girlfriend, Juliana. I remember having to look for her for a while just for Kitty."

Kitty felt a sting in her chest as Juliana came up, especially as Yuri's girlfriend. But she didn't bother correcting her sister because she didn't want them to wonder about why she cared.