~Kamari's P.O.V.~

I jolted from my sleep once again, but not from a sudden stop. Headlights were pointing into our window. I could feel Jake's arms tighten around me. I turned around and tried to hide in his chest, but he pushed me away softly and stood up off the bed. He walked around the bed and kissed my head. “I’m going to go and see who it is love. It could be one of our dads.” He whispered, I let out a small sigh and sat up slowly. “I’ll go with you then,” I whispered back as I got off the bed. 

As we walked down the stairs I could suddenly smell this intoxicating scent. It almost rivaled Jacobs. It smelled like an amazing bonfire. It was a mix of Vanilla, Leather, and burnt Sandalwood. Suddenly, I wasn’t just smelling this mystery person. Jacob’s scent started to slowly seep into the air to mix with the mystery person. It smelt like a bonfire now. 

It felt like I was wrapped up in two very thick, warm, blankets. I think I may have been drooling just a bit. There were many scents of wood in the air, but they went well together. As we got closer to the door, the smell almost got too much for me. I could feel my legs shaking a little bit as I stood in front of Jacob. 

When I opened the front door, I made sure to do it slowly. When it was all of the way open, I was hit with the scent, but ten times more. As we stepped onto the porch, a man got out of the insanely nice car. He looked like a god. As he got closer I could see he had beautiful green eyes. They were a few shades brighter than the grass he was walking on to get to us. His hair was brown, shiny, and curly. He had a very defined jawline as well. The smirk on his face looked like it was permanent. 

*~Maverick~*

He got to the end of the stairs of the porch and I almost fell to my knees

He got to the end of the stairs of the porch and I almost fell to my knees. The smell was overloading my senses. Before I could fall, Jacob wrapped his arm around my waist, as if he knew it was too much for me. A few seconds later I was finally able to recognize the man as the other person in the vision. 

I composed myself and stepped down the two steps to the ground. As I stood in front of him I realized that he was a foot or more taller than me. I felt a blush rise on my cheeks, and a pout forming on my face. I looked up at his face, but he was already looking at me. As we made eye contact, I got sucked into a vision. It was only all three of us in this one. I knew Jacob got sucked into it too because I heard a small gasp leave his mouth before everything around me went pitch black. I blinked and a T.V. turned on and when I looked to my left and right I saw both Jacob and the mystery man. I focused on the t.v. as it started to play.

The vision lasted for a few minutes, when we all came out of it I stumbled and the man quickly picked me up bridal style and walked up the front steps. I looked up at him to find him staring right at Jake with a love-sick look on his face. 

When I looked at Jacob he had almost the same look, but he also looked tense. As if he didn’t fully trust him. I could understand that. Suddenly, I was pulled away from the man, and in seconds I was in Jacob’s arms. He looked at the man and said, “Who are you, and, why are you here? Especially this late.”  His voice had a little bit of edge in it like he was ready for a fight if one began. The man held his arms in the air and replied, “I’m not here to hurt either of you if that’s what you're worried about. My name is Maverick Alden Morningstar. I am here because I could feel two separate pulls on my heart. I followed them and it led me here.” After he finished talking he gave a soft smile which was a contrast to the smirk he had a few minutes ago. He looked like an angel when he smiled. 

“Baby, it’s okay, let him in. I have a feeling we need to talk.” I said to Jacob as I put my hand on his cheek. He dropped his head to look at my face. He let out a sigh, nodded his head, and said, “Fine, but only for a little bit.” 

Before we could go inside we heard a howl into the night. Jacob’s head immediately snapped to the woods and he slowly put me down. Suddenly, Maverick was next to Jacob and asked, “Do you know the other shapeshifters or should I be ready?” Jacob looks over at Maverick and replied, “No, it’s my Alpha. I think he came to meet Kamari.” 

The pine tree branches shifted and I saw a huge black werewolf come out of the shadows. It nodded its head at Jacob and backed up into the woods again. A minute later the trees shifted again, but this time a man walked out. He had the same cropped hair as Jacob. His eyes looked pitch black and they didn’t change as he walked toward us. He was a few inches taller than Jacob. 

“Jake! Where have you been? We have been looking for you everywhere when suddenly I get a call from Billy telling me that you are on the outskirts of the town with a random girl.” He said as he slightly glared at Jacob. “Hey, I am not some random girl,” I said in a quiet and shy tone. Jacob chuckles and wraps his arms around me. “No, you certainly are not, baby.” 

“My name is Sam by the way. Who is this guy?” He says finally noticing Maverick who was hovering behind me and Jacob. “My name is Maverick. I am their mates, or, imprints as you shapeshifters call them.” Mav said as he draped himself over me and Jake as we were hugged.

Jacob tenses for a few seconds, but Maverick squeezed both of us and I could feel him fully relax into me and Maverick. I looked up at Jacob and he had a confused face, “Just curious, How did you know I was a shapeshifter?” He asked while slightly looking up at Maverick. I looked up at Maverick, he had a full-on smirk. He leaned down a tiny bit so they were face to face and whispered, “Cause I’m the devil's son, baby.”