Part 1 Chapter 2 - Cures

Ellie
All the Peters are busy working on cures for the villains while I sit hunched over on a stool. Spider suit notices me deep in thought and walks over to me.

"What you thinking about?" I look up at the sound of his voice and see spider suit pull another chair in front of me and sit down.

"Who my villain might be, I don't know which one or ones it could be, and I'm just so so tired. I haven't had a decent sleep in months and this glitching is taking it all out of me." Spider suit pats my shoulder and glances to a nearby couch.

"Well go lie down and try to have a sleep." I nod at his request and plop onto the couch. But instead of falling asleep I just mindlessly stare at Peter. He catches my glance and sits next to me on the couch.

"Sorry for staring at you, you just look so much like my older brother." Peter chuckles.

"It's okay, but by the way, what's your universe like?" He asks me, obviously because I'm a thirteen year old Spider-Woman.

"I don't know how to describe it, half the time I don't even get a good look around the city because I'm always busy with school or Spider duties. I wish I could relax but-" I groan as my body glitches again but I then continue my statement.

"But, that's the reality for me I guess." Peter looks at me with a sorry face. I shake it off.

"You should probably keep working on those cures." Peter nods and goes back to working on the cures and I finally drift off to sleep. But just before I really fall into slumber I feel a blanket being draped over me and I hear a picture being snapped.

———
My peaceful slumber quickly gets interrupted as my atoms decide to glitch. I let out a groan and I sit up, looking around the room.

"God I hate this." I whine, I see Peter and Mj having a discussion in the corner and I walk over to spider suit. Him and youth pastor are having a talk.

"You have someone?" Spider suit gets asked, but he shakes his head no.

"No. I got no time for uh, Peter Parker stuff, you know? Do you?" He asks youth pastor.

"Uh, that's a little complicated."

"No, I understand. I guess it's just not in the cards for guys like us."

"Well, I wouldn't give up. It took a while, but... we made it work." Youth pastor smiles

"Yeah?" Spider suit asks happily for him

"Yeah. Me and... MJ."

"MJ?" Spider suit looks confused, youth pastor then tries to explain but can't seem to find the words to as I sit back and giggle under my breath. The two of them turn to me.

"How about you little miss, got anyone special?" Spider suit raises his eyebrows and I shove my gloved hand into his face as he laughs.

"Oh gods no, ew why would you even suggest that!?" Both of them laugh even more at me and I crack a smile. Ned then interrupts the whole room.

"Peter?" All three turn and look at him, getting confused as their names are all Peter. My senses then start to ring and I walk out into the hallway of the school. The world around me seems to be flushed underwater suddenly, every noise seemed to be blurred. I walk over to the window and look out of it. I spring back and land on the floor at the sight of two red glowing eyes. My breathing starts to uneven at the shock and I sit with my hands in between my knees as I regain control of my fear.

I then stand up and walk back into the lab, ignoring everyone's questions. Peter then informs me that we're ready to go and us four spiders swing out of the school and onto the Statue of Liberty. Peter is talking on a phone with someone unknown and the other two Peters and I are standing around talking about our universes. The other Peter finally swings over to us, holding the box.

"Okay guys, it could be any minute now." Peter scans the dark horizon. We set off and start webbing the cures to easy access places. The other Peters gather but I go down to the water. I sit down at the waters edge and start to take deep breath's, getting into the fighting mindset. When I'm done I swing back up to the guys and see them trying to crack youth pastors (who's now in a suit) back.

"This looks so strange." They all look at me, scared of my sudden appearance.

"Ah, this is so cool. I always wanted brothers." I glare at Spider suit, he chuckles.

"And a sister." I nod my head, he then turns to youth pastor.

"So you, like, make your own web fluid in your body?!" My eyebrows raise in surprise.

"Seriously." He confirms my question.

"But I'd rather not talk about this." Spider suit quickly jumps into a apology.

"No! I don't mean to-" he gets cut off.

"But are you teasing me-?"

"No, no, no! No, no, no... he's not teasing you. It's just that, we can't do that, so naturally we're curious as to how your web situation works. That's all." I confirm his doubts.

"But if it's personal, I don't want to, like, pry. But I just think it's cool." Spider suit tells him.

"No, I wish I could tell you, but it's like I don't do it. Like I don't... like I don't 'do breathing.' Like, breathing just happens."

"Whoa..." spider suit trails off amazed. Then Peter interrupts

"Like, does it just come out of your wrists? Or... does it come out of anywhere else?" Youth pastor looks very disturbed at the question and I let out a laugh.

"Only... only the wrists." I then jump in to ask him a question

"You've never had a web block? 'Cause I run out of webs all the time. I have to make my own in my bedroom." The other two nod along, agreeing with my information.

"Right. That's-"

"And it's a hassle compared to what you got. Your own web generator." I say with a twinge of jealousy.

"That sounds like a hassle. Yeah... but I did actually, you said that, I was like, 'Oh! I had a web block'" youth pastor tells us his experience.

"Whoa... why?" Peter asks him.

"Existential crisis stuff." He replies.

"Yeah, I mean, like, don't get me started on that." I chuckle.

———

Any recommendations?