PROLOGUE

Under the shimmering of slow falling snow, I imagined it as the bright shimmer of stars. I've never seen them in the night sky...only heard the tales my mother spoke about.

How they glittered like jewels...how I wish to see them... How I wish for freedom of this place...

Darkness claimed this land the day my mother died...tears streamed and turned into nothing but frozen memories...From that day my father was not the same.

Not the same man as he was...he was dark...shut off and gref and hatred claimed him like a prize... What could I have done to make him hate me so..?

Is it because I looked like my mother? Is it because I reminded him to much of her? What could I have done? The question that constantly replays in my mind....his dark loomy voice breaking the silence..."It was you're fault!".... Mine?

...how could've it been mine...? I was nothing but a little elfling....?sleeping in the comfort's of my bed...my mother loved me so...her bright smile embracing me like the warm sun...that I never have felt...why?

Like the frost I conjecture from my fingers like she taught me must remain hidden from my father like the tears in my eyes...

What could I have done....but now..ive reached the stage of my life as an young grown woman where I can no longer stand this constant mockery and greef laid upon my shoulders...no more...

No more....tonight I will leave this place and never return...

_________________________